Junior industry position
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
- May load member or group data into the enrollment database & update the database with changes
- Responds to member eligibility or group questions and verifies enrollment status
- Main point of contact for group customers in regards to enrollment related items
- Answer incoming calls from customers (members, providers, groups), and is expected to practice superior customer service skills in all communication
- May work with various types of member correspondence
- Reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data, and submitting retroactive eligibility changes
- May also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions
- Meet or exceed department goals for quality and production by adhering to all related department procedures
- Review and analyze enrollment eligibility error reports and correct the system, based on errors identified
- Applies knowledge / skills to basic, repeated activities
- Demonstrates minimum to moderate depth of knowledge and skills in own function
- Responds to standard requests
- Solves routine problems by following established procedures
- May require guidance on prioritizing and setting deadlines for tasks
- Follows department guidelines to track and report own work completed
- Practices follow - up skills to ensure customer needs are attended to
- Promotes a professional and positive attitude at all times when dealing with internal resources and external contacts through all forms of communication, including written inquiries and phone calls
- Understands group eligibility requirements; ability to read, interpret, and communicate plan guidelines
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience in an office setting, using a computer and telephone as primary instruments for completing work
- Experience with Microsoft Word (ability to sort, filter, and create simple documents), Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, filter, and create simple spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, respond to, store, and retrieve emails, and use calendar to schedule meetings)
- Ability to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 5pm; may be required to work outside of these standard business hours, including overtime to meet business needs
- Time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate plan eligibility guidelines to internal and external resources in one on one or group discussions
- Able to recognize common words and phrases (red flags) that indicate a customer is becoming frustrated.
- Must address the emotional needs of the caller as well as follow effective phone procedures, using words and phrases that convey to the caller that you truly want to help them.
- Strong interpersonal skills required at the individual and team level
- Energetic, positive, friendly and helpful attitude
- Works with others as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to changing processes and procedures
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer.
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary.
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Job FamilyEnroll and Empl Contract Install
- Business SegmentEmployer and Individual
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.