Mid-level industry position, administration
Share this Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day stock administration activities, and working cross-functionally within the organization to ensure timely and accurate equity-related withholding and reporting. Additionally, the role will support North America Payroll Tax activities.
- Maintain company’s equity data using Merrill Lynch’s Benefit Online (BOL) platform
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting, Legal, Payroll, Global Compensation, Global Mobility, Treasury, Tax teams and External Consultants/Auditors
- Administer day-to-day activities related to stock administration for both the US and Global plans (Both employees and Board of Directors) which includes ensuring accurate tax withholding for stock transactions and timely reporting of equity award data to payroll
- Assist employees/former employees and business partners with their equity questions and requests
- Calculate and approve application of Dividend Equivalent Units (DEUs) in Merrill Lynch’s Benefit Online (BOL) platform
- Perform annual FICA and Medicare withholding acceleration for RSU awards granted to retirement eligible population
- Ensure that stock-related transactions are in accordance with China SAFE regulations
- Manage the quarterly global equity chargeback process
- Assist legal team with review of insider transactions, 10b5-1 trading plans and provide support for the legal team’s preparation of accurate and timely filings for Section 16 Officers
- Monitor payroll Tax Personnel / Treasury obligations to the IRS of equity compensation tax withholdings over $100K.
- Monitor BAML/Ceridian transmission files and address discrepancies
- Process Bank of America Merrill Lynch Invoices in e-buy and ensure proper mapping of such invoices in the general ledger
- Attend industry-specific trainings in order to stay up-to-date on items affecting equity administration (NASPP trainings, etc.)
- Provide ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by HR and Foreign subs
- Oversee work performed by Colgate Business Services group (CBS) in Mexico such as filing requirements and funding requests.
- Liaise with Ceridian Managed Payroll Tax team to support accurate tax administration including review and approval of tax adjustments, W2C’s and quarterly/year end processes and audits.
- Provide Payroll Tax reporting as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with stock compensation or equity administration, preferred
- Certified Equity Professional(CEP) designation (or working towards), preferred
- Experience with third-party vendor management and interaction (background working for or with an outsourcing vendor preferred).
- Familiarity with Merrill Lynch’s Benefit Online (BOL) platform, preferred
- Experience with payroll tax will be a plus
Expected Areas of Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
- Strong PC skills required, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
- Ability to interact and speak to executive level management and provide explanations, clarifications and intelligence with respect to their equity awards and deferred compensation.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to work with different departments and third-party resources to achieve mutual goals.
- Discretion with confidential information
Equal Opportunity Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Financial, Accounting, Payroll, Banking, Management, Finance