Job Number: UOL04100
The Faculty of Law, Economics, and Finance (FDEF) of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for an Associate Professor (promotion track) in Business Analytics with a Specialization in Marketing Analytics.
The position at the Associate Professor level follows University of Luxembourg’s promotion-track career scheme and a possibility of promotion will be given after 5 years upon positive evaluation.
The University is looking for an Associate Professor (Promotion Track to Full Professor) in Business Analytics with a Specialization in Marketing Analytics, who will conduct impactful research leading to publication in leading business and marketing journals, deliver strong teaching experience, contribute to study program development, and acquire external research funding through active engagement with industry. While the selected candidate will have strong knowledge and research interests in Marketing Analytics, applicants should be able to cover a breadth of business analytics courses and topics.
Experienced in the management, analysis and interpretation of business data and proficient Proficiency with tools and software used for business analytics (such as R, Python, SQL…), the selected candidate will take part in the teaching activities of the FDEF and provide reliable, high-quality service at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels. Regarding the teaching portfolio, a broad knowledge of applied business analytics is preferred, as the teaching needs in the existing programs are diverse, potentially including courses such as Introductory Data Analytics, Data Management and Visualization, Predictive and prescriptive Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Customer Analytics…
The selected candidate will be an already established scholar with strong background, knowledge and interests in applied business and marketing analytics. With a demonstrated ability to perform and administer high quality scientific research leading to top-publications, the selected candidate will create increased research expertise, international visibility and joint publication opportunities for the Department of Economics and Management.
The selected candidate will also be willing to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and partners, to acquire external funding from national and European research funding agencies as well as from private sources through industry engagement and partnerships.
- PhD degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Established record of publication and citation in internationally recognized, high-ranked business and marketing journals
- Ability to teach from among a range of courses such as Introductory Data Analytics, Data Management and Visualization, Predictive and prescriptive Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Customer Analytics…
- Documented teaching experience and communication skills showing commitment to quality education
- Leadership and management experience in academic institutions and multicultural research groups
- Demonstrated ability to acquire external funding from national and European research agencies as well as from private sources through Industry engagement
- The University of Luxembourg is located within a particularly rich multicultural environment. The selected candidate must master English language and acquire fluency in either French or German (both being official languages of Luxembourg. The University staff is strongly encouraged to learn the third official language of the University of Luxembourg, by giving free access to language course to reach this goal
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL04100 - F2-50012630 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
In particular, we offer:
- An international team at a young, dynamic University
- An interdisciplinary research environment
- A wide network of academic, institutional, and corporate partners
- Skilled support staff and team-oriented work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply...
Applications should contain:
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV, including periods of absence from work (or where the effect has been equivalent to absence) including family-related leave and career breaks
- Complete list of publications
- List and short description of research projects acquired over the past 5 years
- List of PhD theses supervised
- List of teaching activities over the past 5 years
- Statement of research activities planned at UL
- Statement of teaching activities planned at UL
- Statement of other activities considered at UL
- Names of 3 referees and the relationship to them
All applications should be addressed to:
Professor Katalin Ligeti / Dean of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
We ensure a full consideration for applications received by 15/12/2021.
The University of Luxembourg wants to achieve gender parity in its academic positions and wants to eliminate obstacles to the recruitment of female professors and to their career development. In case candidates present equivalent CVs, the University will give the preference to women in all departments where gender parity is not yet achieved.
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management, where the position will be based
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s world-class financial centre ranked second in the world in investment fund asset domicile, and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs, and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub within the University at the heart of Europe.
- Find out more about the FDEF
- Find out more about the University
- Addresses, maps & routes to the various sites of the University
Luxembourg is a cosmopolitan country with the convenience of a larger European capitals in a tranquil setting. Additional information about Luxembourg can be found under www.euraxess.lu and www.luxembourg.lu. Luxembourg’s financial centre is the largest investment fund captive reinsurance centre in Europe and the largest private banking centre in the Eurozone. The financial sector is a major employer in Luxembourg and accounts for over 30% of the country’s GDP. There are private international schools in English and other European schools offering diverse languages (e.g. French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.) as well as English branches in a growing number of state/public schools.
Job Number: UOL04100