Mid-level industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL’s Global Shared Services (GSS) North America, is seeking a Benefits Specialist to join our HR Expert team. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment to support the success of the business, with great possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
This position is based out of our Katy, TX office.
- Coordinate the full life cycle of US employee benefits with the Payroll Specialists: Medical (PPO, HDHP), Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life/AD&D – including benefit enrollment, termination, changes, and claim management
- Manage the dependent verification process
- Serve as contact for employee questions for health & welfare. Work with outside vendors to resolve benefit issues for our U.S. population of approximately 1600 employees
- Fund the HSA and FSAs biweekly
- Monitor that the necessary positions are HIPAA trained
- Assist with gathering information for internal and outside auditors
- Assist with the Open Enrollment for U.S. and Canadian employees
- Manage COBRA benefits program set up for U.S. with third party administrator
- Manage U.S. benefit plan set up in HR benefits system for new plan year changes and ongoing updates
- Manage carrier feeds from HR benefit system to health vendors
- Produce and process monthly external invoices for all employee benefits for both the U.S. and Canada
- Code and process vendor invoices in our online invoicing system
- Maintain our Absence Management system – Assigning schedules, fixing balances, if needed
- Manage the quarterly benefits deduction audit and advise payroll of missed deductions
- Assist in the new hire checking process every pay period
- Monitor Data Bridge file results between our HR Database and our payroll system, and update the payroll system as needed for failed records
- Work on improvement for interfaces between our HR Database and payroll system in order to maintain the integrity of data
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools
- Conduct regular internal benefit and payroll audits to assist in maintaining the processes are in compliance
- Captures, analyzes, reports, and studies trends within Benefits and Payroll using reporting tools (e.g. Power BI)
- Looks for opportunities to simplify, improve and streamline HR related systems on the input, maintenance and extraction of data and to improve processes
- Responsible for creating, updating and posting material on intranet and SharePoint portals
- Responsible for securing data and maintaining confidentiality of information in all related systems
- Other duties as needed
- At least 1 year of experience in employee benefits required; populations greater than 500 preferred
- Practical knowledge of HR principles and practices, especially U.S. employer benefits; knowledge of employer benefits practice for Mexico and/or Panama a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, specifically pivot tables, V-Lookup, macros and formulas
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite of applications: especially Excel for data analysis, Word for report writing, Outlook for communication and time management, and PowerPoint for presentation and training; proficiency with Microsoft Power BI for presenting data in meaningful ways a plus
- Must be able to handle confidential material professionally and discretely, and comply with privacy concerns and regulations including, but not limited to, HIPAA
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritize initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug testing and background checks
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Share on your newsfeed