Executive / senior industry position
The Business Development and Licensing Manager role is in the Gene Editing and Novel Modalities (GENM) Strategic Marketing group. In this role, you will identify new business opportunities and develop client relationships. You will work with the marketing, patent, legal, and research teams to develop appropriate marketing materials, collateral, identify new licensing targets and negotiate deals with customers in various business sectors including therapeutics, AgBio, research and commercial tools, with a particular focus on the European and Asian markets. A key part of your role is based on research using media and various market sector reports to identify market trends and new opportunities. You will report to the Director of Licensing and Business Development. Can be located in Boston, MA; St. Louis, MO, or remote.
- Implement and manage intellectual property portfolio licensing strategies worldwide to maximize value and utility of our CRISPR IP assets.
- Understanding patent valuation and monetization.
- Attracting new licensees and delivering negotiated contracts in the therapeutic and agricultural industries.
- Researching and identifying new market opportunities.
- Preparing and delivering high impact marketing material for potential licensees.
- Fostering a collaborative environment within the organization and across divisions.
- Direct client-facing engagement experience with senior level audiences.
- Conduct due diligence for business development opportunities.
- Provide high level, independent transactional support, including negotiating and interpreting strategic collaborations and licensing agreements.
- Advise senior management on key IP Licensing issues.
- 8+ years of IP licensing involving complex negotiating and contracts environments within Life Sciences industry.
- Experience presenting and communicating complex information to senior management.
- Ability to influence and lead at all levels in a multinational matrix organization.
- Deal negotiation and complex contract negotiation experience.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work.
- Excellent work ethic, integrity and commitment to professionalism.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Job Requisition ID: 205490 Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Business Development, Manager, Sales, Management, Research