Mid-level industry position
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.How will you make an impact?Our Core Safety Business Development Manager is responsible for the sales of Fisher Safety’s products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged primarily in safety dominant business segments outside the lab, critical and controlled environments. The Core Safety Business Development Manager maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts
What will you do
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier, Commercial Safety Specialists and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Supports multiple safety specialists by providing information specific to safety, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other safety support
- Assist the commercial team in effectively managing pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Implements customer specific action plans, working with purchasing and management to perform hazard assessments, making product recommendations, providing product training with regard to occupational health and safety equipment
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
How will you get thereBachelor’s degree preferably with a technical degree in safety, EH&S, environmental science or science or equivalent work experience.
Experience Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).