Practitioner / consultant
McLaren Automotive is growing from strength to strength, we are producing more cars than ever before, and it all comes down to the hard work and dedication of our employees. With unprecedented growth comes opportunity, this is a chance for you to join us and build upon your skills and experience enhancing and growing within your area of expertise and career with an iconic brand. You will be joining us at an exciting time, where you will be an integral part of our Track25 business plan.
You will be part of our business plan to launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles, expanding our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront, we invest heavily into our employee’s development and this could be an exciting step within your career in a fast-paced growing team where there are possibilities of progression.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to join our new Purchasing and Supplier Quality Assurance team as Business Development Specialist – Technical Skills.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Purchasing and Supplier Quality Assurance department have a strong toolbox of skills and data to drive better performance.
- Responsible for creating and launching the launch of a cost engineering tools for all key commodities
- Structure a regular drop-in clinic where buyers can sit with cost engineers and understand parts, tooling, process, raw materials and QAF analysis in an open and educational manner
- Accountable for the accuracy from CE target to nominated price. Tracking pricing movements from Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) to SOP
- Co-ordination of the CE community to ensure knowledge remains current and best practice
- Ability to structure activities to align with the work profile of the department.
- Cross-functional accountabilities such as Purchasing and Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA).
- Implementation, management and tracking of supplier dashboards, including On Time and In Full (OTIF), Parts Per Million (PPM).
Knowledge, skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Create, use, and train department in cost estimation platforms.
- Excellent excel skills and ability to present complex data in a clear and concise format.
- Strong experience of a broad selection of commodities, industry best practices and extensive knowledge of the automotive supply base.
- Experience of full analysis of supplier costs, including raw materials and process.
- Able to recommend optimum manufacturing process and material usage with consideration to cost and quality.
- Ability to drive engineering to design to cost with sound technical recommendations.
- Utilising technical knowledge to create cost models and standardised framework to ensure consistent best in class results across departments, particularly focused to the cost engineers.
- Experience of creating and maintaining KPIs that add real value.
- The ability to manage decisions based on data.
- Skilled and experienced at influencing indirect reports.
We are looking for an analytical individual who enjoys working with and cross-examining complex data. You will be able to create a culture where questions are asked freely and sharing knowledge is promoted. The ideal candidate will be proactive, energetic, and a positive individual who thrives on personal accountability and wanting to make a difference, whilst keeping a strong level of attention to detail. You will have the ability to engage and influence all internal and external stakeholders, whilst remaining accessible and approachable.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts with our partner organisations, below is just a few of the incentives of working for McLaren.
- Salary: Competitive.
- A structured Career Development Framework to support your development.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Provision of a regular shuttle bus to and from Woking station at key commuting times.
- On-site subsidised restaurant.
- Life assurance to the value of 4 times base salary (statutory cap applies).
- Eligibility to participate in our preferential lease car scheme.
- *Eligibility for company funded individual private healthcare; this also comes with the opportunity to extend to partner or spouse and/or dependents at a discounted rate.
- *Auto enrolment on to the company’s pension scheme.
- *Enhanced company maternity, paternity or adoption leave and pay.
- Group activities forum which organise a range of activities from sporting competitions to museum visits and family events.
- *Travel incentives such as Ride to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
- Break out refreshment areas and a coffee bar with wi-fi facilities.
- The opportunity to become a member of the on-site McLaren Fitness and Wellbeing Centre.
* Qualifying period applies
We recognise that to be as good at people as we are cars, we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button to submit your application.
Practitioner / consultant
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom