Researcher / analyst
Share this Job
# 74644 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
We invite applications for the position of Business Process Analyst, GIT Global Technology (SG 12/13) to assist in both the development and the implementation of applications to support business requirements in both Global Technology (R&D) as well as EOHS. The position is within the Global Technology (R&D) category within GIT’s Global Applications & Americas group and reports into the Manager of Lab / EOHS Systems within Global Technology.
Specifically, this position has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in global project activities including the global deployment of a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), including maintaining detailed project plans with appropriate tasks, dependencies, and milestones and completing tasks such a system upgrade, data preparation and assisting with project sprint execution.
- Manage escalations and re-prioritization of software application issues with both the business and third-party software vendors.
- Responsible for liaising directly with the EOHS business function to gather requirements, prioritize initiatives and implement relevant systems.
- Liaise with Global Technology (R&D) business teams in defining business processes/ requirements and technology in areas addressed by the current eLab Notebook solution.
- Apply design thinking skills, conceptual knowledge of business processes and technology to solve complex business process and procedural problems.
- Apply Agile project management concepts to development work to ensure solutions delivered are aligned with business goals and deliver a good user experience
- Identify opportunities to maximize current technology investments and optimize system processes and data flows.
- Identify and assess new technology and concepts that can add value to the business.
- Facilitate appropriate business involvement in projects and contribute expertise to build ownership for solutions.
- Assist with planning for project implementation, coordinating tasks with both business and IT teams for complex global implementations to include design, testing, implementation & documentation, timelines, business requirements, regulatory requirements, and global standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years in a technical IT role, developing, configuring and implementing business applications.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels within the company
- Experience working on large-scale projects according to a defined timeline and track deliverables based on project management principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience deploying both cloud-based and on-prem software solutions to multiple sites across various geographies within agreed time frames.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills (effective communication, innovation, detailed-oriented, manage multiple priorities)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
Experience working with either EOHS or Lab-Based systems
Experience with SAP Quality Module / SAP MII, EOHS
Working knowledge of EOHS business processes
Equal Opportunity Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey Job Segment: Business Process, Engineer, Law, ERP, Computer Science, Management, Engineering, Legal, Technology