McLaren Automotive is growing from strength to strength, we are producing more cars than ever before, and it all comes down to the hard work and dedication of our employees. With unprecedented growth comes opportunity, this is a chance for you to join us and build upon your skills and experience enhancing and growing within your area of expertise and career with an iconic brand. You will be joining us at an exciting time, where you will be an integral part of our Track25 business plan.
You will be part of our business plan to launch 18 new models or derivatives of our vehicles, expanding our retailer network into new markets with an aim of having 100 retailers globally. To ensure McLaren Automotive continues to be at the forefront, we invest heavily into our employee’s development and this could be an exciting step within your career in a fast-paced growing team where there are possibilities of progression
Purpose of the role:
McLaren Automotive is a commercially driven environment, with a emphasis on supplier development, effective negotiation and stakeholder engagement. You will be working within the carbon fibre composites purchasing team, reporting to the Purchasing Manager responsible for sourcing our new carbon composite requirements across all vehicle programmes, delivery of best cost solutions and supplier performance to deliver pre-series and series supply of components.
- You will have life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for delivering high quality, value for money components to McLaren, utilising robust and objective nomination and sourcing processes that represent best-in-class practices.
- You will have full accountability for cost and budget management for multi-million pound direct-spend portfolios.
- You will ensure you are executing Track 25 carbon fibre sourcing strategy.
- You will be responsible for new supplier identification and introduction into McLaren.
- You will be responsible for supplier sourcing and nomination approval in line with programme requirements.
- You will be negotiating, executing and monitoring contractual agreements with suppliers.
- You will be delivering annual cost down targets through commercial and VA/VE methods.
- You will be required to develop strong long-term relationships with suppliers to deliver value to both McLaren and the supplier.
- You will be working cross-functionally with all departments to drive quality principles and commercial acumen into every aspect of our business.
- You will be developing detailed and intelligent category strategies that align with the organisation’s commercial and technology roadmaps as well as those of our key development partners.
- You will be monitoring supplier performance from a cost, quality and delivery perspective to ensure delivery into McLaren
Knowledge, skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree / MCIPS preferred but not essential.
- You will have the ability to promote best practice purchasing techniques.
- You will have proven commercial success / strong negotiator
- You will have previous manufacturing / automotive experience in composites preferred but not essential
- You will have proven supply chain experience in dealing with both high and low value organisations
- You will have experience in cost engineering, raw material and tooling buying would be advantageous
We are looking for a strong influencer and communicator with exceptional negotiation skills who can lead and influence within a dynamic organisation. You will be a self-motivator who is results driven, with a problem-solving mindset to resolve any hindrances. The ideal candidate will be data and fact driven with a keen eye for detail, backing up and challenging relevant parties with their research when/if required. You will be required to be flexible as this role is around 70% operational and around 30% meeting suppliers whether that is within the UK or abroad.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts with our partner organisations, below is just a few of the incentives of working for McLaren.
- Salary: Competitive.
- A structured Career Development Framework to support your development.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Provision of a regular shuttle bus to and from Woking station at key commuting times.
- On-site subsidised restaurant.
- Life assurance to the value of 4 times base salary (statutory cap applies).
- Eligibility to participate in our preferential lease car scheme.
- *Eligibility for company funded individual private healthcare; this also comes with the opportunity to extend to partner or spouse and/or dependents at a discounted rate.
- *Auto enrolment on to the company’s pension scheme.
- *Enhanced company maternity, paternity or adoption leave and pay.
- Group activities forum which organise a range of activities from sporting competitions to museum visits and family events.
- *Travel incentives such as Ride to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
- Break out refreshment areas and a coffee bar with wi-fi facilities.
- The opportunity to become a member of the on-site McLaren Fitness and Wellbeing Centre.
* Qualifying period applies
To submit your application, click on the ‘apply now’.
We recognise that to be as good at people as we are cars, we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom