The Department of Applied Economics (DEA) at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona has a longstanding tradition as a research and teaching institution in Applied Economics. More information can be found by browsing at https://www.uab.cat/departament/economia-aplicada/.
The DEA is willing to host a Marie Curie fellow carrying out academic research in one of the following areas of expertise of the faculty:
- Applied microeconomics. Research topics of interest are applied industrial organization (regulation and network industries), infrastructure and transport economics, urban sprawl, city congestion and the impact of infrastructure on urban growth.
- Applied macroeconomics. Research performed in this area involves the study of the macroeconomic effects of the integration process, economic development, migrations, productivity, unemployment dynamics and other labor market issues.
- Public policies. This area includes research on pensions and social public expenditure, fiscality and public good provision, ecological economics and environmental economics, R&D policies, policy issues on poverty and inequality, education policies, rural polices for development.
The applicant is expected to perform high quality research and produce academic papers suitable to be published in leading academic journals. In addition, she/he is also expected to contribute to the research activities organized at the department and to participation in seminars, workshops and other initiatives patronized by our PhD program.
At the deadline for the submission of individual proposals (September 11th 2019), researchers MUST fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of documented fulltime equivalent research experience.
- Not having resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the abovementioned deadline.
Application documents for the selection of the host center and deadline
Candidates must submit:
- A letter of interest with the motivation to join our Faculty, research interests and a general idea about the content of the proposal.
- A copy of the most recent CV; names and contacts of at least two reference scientists that know the candidate.
The previous material must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Preferably, applications have to be received by June 15th 2019.
All applications will be reviewed and candidates will be informed about the results of the selection process by June 30th 2019.