Executive / senior industry position
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
- Job ID
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Director of US Commercial Services is a senior leader responsible for driving Commercial execution through ensuring effective, efficient and compliant delivery of services and programs which support Commercial business units as well as some non-commercial teams. The purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership and guidance to a team responsible for developing and implementing Commercial Meeting Solutions, HCP Engagements, Business and Marketing Operations and Creative Services.
This role requires an individual with a demonstrated ability to navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment in optimizing delivery of internal and external stakeholder solutions. To do so will require demonstrated excellence in operational management in the pharmaceutical market. This individual should also have the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, including health care providers and key customers as well as cross functional leadership within Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
This individual should demonstrate leadership that can translate strategy into action in the business, with deliberate and actionable measurement of impact, as well as capture results in a timely manner through disciplined program and financial management. We value a leader who can build resilience into their team and can adapt to changing and/or challenging market conditions as we work toward our mission for patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ALL OR SOME OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Provide vision, direction and management for a team that shapes Commercial execution in areas including but not limited to the following:
- US Commercial Meeting Solutions – National and Regional planning and execution
- HCP Engagement – Conventions, Speakers Bureau and Programs, Field Credentialing
- Business and Marketing Operations - PMRC coordination and support, Promotional material inventory management and distribution, Department accrual management
- Creative Services – creative media development and communication
- Set strategic direction for a department and inspire high performing teams
- Demonstrate an ability to streamline and simplify across the business through systems and processes that drive operational efficiency
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external partners to meet a common goal
- Anticipate resourcing/staffing requirements to support a dynamic organization
- Attract, develop and retain high performing individuals
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Foster a culture of compliance ensuring adherence to all compliance policies
- Bachelor's Degree required with 7+ years of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical industry medical device, or biotech industry (preferably managing an operational function within a commercial organization)
- MBA preferred
- Experience managing vendors including third party service providers
- Experience in people development and leadership
- In-depth knowledge of health care practices, services, technologies, and compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Capable of engaging senior Jazz management on meeting strategies and execution, business operations, and resourcing
- Prior experience with budget development and control
REQUIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
Description of Physical Demands
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Share on your newsfeed