Practitioner / consultant
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a Senior Business Consultant (Salesperson) to join FinLife Partners on the West Coast. FinLife is a leading digital client experience platform for Registered Investment Advisors. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and has successful financial sales experience. Experience as an independent financial advisor or selling to the RIA community is preferred. Additionally, the candidate must have strong communication skills with the ability to convey the benefits of a digital client engagement tool in a concise and compelling manner. The role requires significant collaboration with internal partners as well as the ability to close business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Manages relationships with prospective partners throughout the sales cycle.
- Significant travel to prospects across the West Coast as well as to industry conferences around the US.
- Identifies and works with appropriate cross-functional departments to display appropriate tools, resources or technologies allowing the prospective FinLife Partner the opportunity to make an informed decision.
- Acts as a liaison between the sales other internal teams insuring a smooth transition from one process to the other.
- Self- motivated to keep up to date with new technological and platform developments and present to prospective firms as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree; Master of Business Administration degree and/or financial designation (CFP, CHFC) is preferred; Minimum five years of sales experience and or wholesaling experience in financial services is required. Some experience as a Financial Advisor or strong familiarity with RIAs is preferred.
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- WebEx, Zoom and other video conference platforms
- Understanding of the advisory business, managed account platforms, and client offerings
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and potential clients through dissatisfaction
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, other executives and levels of management
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential client issues
- Superior sales skills and the ability to drive sales activity; being able to analyze data, assess progress and design solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHSAt Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world. We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers. We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity