Expires: August 9th, 2019
The City of Brandon is currently accepting applications to fill a Clerical Support Assistant (CSA), Brandon Police Service
More than one position may be filled from this competition
As part of a team, the CSA’s provide general clerical support to Crime, Patrol and Support services, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and effective prioritization. While each is responsible for duties under general operations, several desks have specific duties and responsibilities.
Candidates successful in this competition will have demonstrated:
- Grade 12, G.E.D., or Mature High School Diploma (mandatory).
- Post-secondary certification in office or business administration or related field (preferred).
- Must attain and maintain certification in PROS, ACIIS, CPIC, MVB, and other police related training as required.
- One (1) years’ experience in an office environment, or sufficient experience/training to have demonstrated competence in related tasks.
- Dictaphone experience would be an asset.
- Keyboarding speed of 50 wpm (Competition process will include testing for keyboarding)
- Proficient use of all unit equipment, including Dictaphone, computer equipment, operating systems, word processing and database software.
- Demonstrated initiative to independently plan, organize, and prioritize workload taking into consideration conflicting deadlines and multiple unrelated projects.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in oral and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must pass police security clearance (background and criminal records checks);
- Must maintain confidentiality standards in accordance with the Police Service Oath, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and Personal Health Information Act.
Please view the position description on our website for more position and qualification details.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume, in confidence, demonstrating how you meet the job requirements, on-line at www.brandon.ca/employment.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. Friday, August 9th
Rate of Pay: $1,759.12 – 2,236.24 bi-weekly (2019 Rates)
The selection process will include testing and an interview.
This permanent, full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) is posted and will be offered in accordance with conditions according to the collective agreement between the City of Brandon and The Brandon Police Association (BPA). This competition is open to all applicants; first preference will be given to current BPA members.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Room 115-6, A.E. McKenzie Building 270 - 18th Street