Mid-level industry position
At At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
As a Client Account Partner (CAP) in California, you will have the opportunity to partner with a Client Account Manager (CAM) to develop and drive sales strategy through market and industry research, leadership, communication, organization, and planning on both an account and opportunity level. Working with members of our team, your focus is to make sure that Jacobs is the client’s firm-of-choice in Northern California.
As a CAP, we’ll ask you to Lead go/no-go and bid/no-bid discussions by looking at the 360-degree view of an opportunity to identify risks and challenges. You’ll then collaborate with the CAM, and other technical staff to weigh our success, sometimes acting as the challenger or healthy skeptic to ensure the team has evaluated all concerns.
You’ll be empowered to lead Middle Game activities for Tier 2 - 3 pursuits and be involved in Middle Game activities for Tier 1 & 2 pursuits, in coordination with a Strategic Pursuit Leader (SPL); involved in the geography's most strategic pursuits. We’ll rely on you to lead storyboarding sessions and work with the CAM to refine and integrate pursuit strategy/win themes in the proposal document and lead the integration of the pursuit strategy/win themes on large and major/strategic efforts.
As an expert in presentation and proposals, you’ll develop client identifier slides, theme statements, winning attributes and feature/benefit/proof slides and other materials. This includes working with Subject Matter Experts for content, designers for overall look of presentation in preferred software, organizing working sessions and rehearsals, practicing questions/answers and key messages, coaching speakers in platform skills.
Bring your energy and desire to take you career to the next level. We at Jacobs will help you achieve great success in this leadership role.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
*Here's What You'll Need: *
• 10+ years’ experience in business development experience in the engineering industry, with transportation and water/wastewater experience preferred.
• Proven leadership and management skills for directing, delegating, and overseeing multiple team members and their contributions
• Detailed understanding of and experience with Jacobs Relationship Based Sales process, systems, and tools
• Strong organizational, communication (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities are required
• Proven ability to work with people of multiple disciplines
• Good team player with great interpersonal skills and ability to develop, nurture and maintain relationships at all levels with the company
• Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
• Capability to negotiate with and influence others
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Committed to success in support of the company’s strategic goals and profitable growth
• Bachelor’s Degree – business, sales, marketing, communications or related field preferred
• Located in Northern California (Jacobs has offices in San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco, Sacramento)
• Ability to travel