Executive / senior industry position
Job ID R2540268 Date posted 02/21/2020
The CMI Senior Manager is a key advisor and business partner to brand marketing teams. He or she is responsible for designing and executing research, synthesizing data sources, research outputs and market trends into best in-class insight and recommending action to support business strategies and decision making.
- Ensure people (consumers, shoppers and experts) are at the heart of everything we do. Infuse “people-centricity” and champion the external view across our businesses. Drive “people centricity” in the day to day.
- Collaborate with brand marketing and cross-functional partners to create a learning plan / research roadmap that identifies and addresses key knowledge gaps and business opportunities.
- Ensure the research roadmap and budget align to key priorities for global and local and across innovation, communications, and foresight.
- Lead the development, execution and delivery of custom research studies (qualitative and quantitative) including research design, supplier selection, questionnaire development, analysis, and share-out. Manage research projects to ensure delivery on time, cost effectiveness and quality.
- Coordinate learning plans with global and consult or lead market research initiatives to drive the successful launch of Rx to OTC switches.
- Collaborate with Precision Marketing and Media Teams to inform consumer, shopper, and expert advance targets.
- Ensure custom segmentation insight is woven throughout creative development and innovation initiatives.
- Own a comprehensive understanding of the business environment including competitive brands and products, macroeconomic, social and demographic factors and trends.
- Generate forward looking and predictive views of trends by understanding drivers of consumer behavor, articulate clear and compelling requirements for business action.
- Develop frameworks & research approaches to monitor brand health and performance.
- Connect the dots across multiple sources of data and information to generate insight and make meaningful recommendations that drive competitive advantage and growth.
- Local to global: share & reapply best work, be an ambassador for the local consumers, shoppers and experts and enable global teams to develop winning brands & innovation.
- Local to global: Enable best use / harmonization of resources (eg. operating model, budget) between global & local CMI.
- Collaborates with analytics team on measurement findings and indicated actions.
- 10+ years of professional experience with relevant consumer insight background
- Experience in OTC and with Rx to OTC switch
- Obsessed with building iconic and people-centric brand experiences
- Strong passion and empathy for consumer, shoppers & experts
- Strategic, decisive, and inspiring leader as well as a visionary thinker
- High bias for action, driving strategic outcomes through influence, collaboration & organizational savviness
- Proficient in best-in-class digital insights tools / practices and can successfully deploy in matrixed organization
- Visible change agent with an entrepreneurial spirit and proven success in establishing progressive and advanced capabilities
- Experience with informing multiple types of projects, including: positioning, brand architecture, creative / messaging development and evaluation, segmentation, innovation development and segmentation, shopper research, path to purchase, etc.
- Ability to be strategic and see the big picture
- Team player, extraordinarily collaborative and inclusive
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to influence senior leaders in a fast-moving environment
- Exemplary storytelling skills and business acumen to simplify large and complex data into compelling recommendations
Proven track record
- Autonomy, strong presence & inspirational ability
- Strategic, integrative and analytical thinking
- Strong collaboration and influence skills up-down-across organizations and cultures / geographies
- Credibility and influence with senior stakeholders
- Successfully executing complex projects from design to completion
- Management of market research and intelligence agencies
- Strong flexibility to adapt to constantly changing business environment
- Consistent high performance and delivery
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.