Mid-level industry position
Purpose of the role:
As Cockpit Electronics Manager, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of state-of-the-art Cockpit Electronics within the current and future McLaren road cars.
The Cockpit Electronics team is responsible for the concept, specification, test and delivery of complex Cockpit Electronics components, such as Infotainment Systems, Clusters, Displays, Optical systems, Audio systems, Antennas and Switch Gears.
The Cockpit Electronics Manager would need to coordinate the team towards achieving business goals, as well as definition of future concepts in line with McLaren’s roadmap and visions and business reviews.
The position requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with exceptional attention to detail, diligence, and a positive attitude. The fast-paced development and bespoke target platform provide a challenging environment suited to an engineering manager who can quickly develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineering teams within a multidisciplinary environment. Our customers expect high standards and we require staff capable of meeting such demands.
- Manage a cross functional team to collectively deliver all aspects of the Cockpit Electronics on current and future vehicles.
- Maintain and expand current supply base, establishing strategic partnerships to enhance technology roadmap
- Manage commercial activities to achieve system development on-time and on-cost as part of the product lifecycle
- Develop and co-ordinate detailed system definition of specifications for all Cockpit Electronics
- Report on current activities, hardware and software status and issues at all levels of the business including executive reporting.
- Develop and co-ordinate DVP plans for all areas associated with the Cockpit Electronics systems of responsibility.
- Lead all aspects of the future technology roadmap including technology planning, research activities and business case generation
As Cockpit Electronics Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of the following:
- Team development including objective setting and appraisals
- Technical Specifications
- Design Failure Mode Analysis (DFMEA)
- Engineering Releases and Change Control Management
- Vehicle Bill of Materials (BoM) structuring
- Quality concern investigation and resolution
- Specific attribute targets are achieved (cost, invest, weight and feature)
- Design validation plans are in place and executed to sign-off all systems
- Resource forecasting, allocation, management, and recruiting
- Commercial forecasting of budgetary requirements and delivery within agreed profiles
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject such as Electronics, Software, or Physics.
- Strong technical project management skills with proven evidence of decision making and accountability is essential. It is core to the success of our business that these primary roles have the required level of leadership and motivation to succeed;
- Previous experience of OEM or tier one Cockpit Electronics management utilising all the key attributes, with a demonstrable record of delivery.
- Good commercial awareness to maintain a focus on cost, profit, quality, and risk.
- Technical understanding of hardware and software development
- A strong track record of delivering designs to timing, weight and cost targets.
- Supplier management, comfortable with understanding and implementing DFM requirements within the project scope.
- Background in low volume, high performance sports or racing cars preferred.
- Documentation of Technical Specifications, DFMEA, DVP, Timing Plans, Minutes and Actions of Meetings.
- Management of a technically focussed team of engineers.
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model).
- Ability to produce formal documentation to a professional standard.
- Ability to effectively manage time between multiple projects.
- Experience with systems of responsibility within Cockpit Electronics domain either first-hand or managing delivery of such systems
- Knowledge of Ethernet, CAN, LIN and associated tools.
- Experience and understanding of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and software
- Experience of systems testing of HMI-based systems
- Confident and can articulate in high pressure scenarios.
- Personable and can manage and exceed expectations of internal customers.
- Naturally technical. Able to employ fundamental engineering principles.
- Able to make sound judgements based on balance of risk, when data is not available.
- Highly organised. Able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when required.
- UK driving license
Mid-level industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom