Practitioner / consultant
Gorman Consulting is seeking a consultant who will provide data management, analysis, and visualization support to inform programmatic and strategic decisions for our clients, including primarily a team within the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The ideal candidate has at least a Master’s degree and is meticulously attentive to detail with 8+ years of relevant experience.
The consultant’s responsibilities will follow the changing priorities of our clients. Example responsibilities include leading:
- Data management and statistical programming efforts. This body of work will include more advanced tasks (e.g., data cleaning/wrangling across multiple, complex datasets) as well as routine management (e.g., logically structuring and commenting code for repeated use, updating source data).
- Data analysis and visualization efforts tailored to client priorities. The consultant’s deliverables will include presentations, briefs, and dashboards.
- Management of client relationships. This role will include scoping analysis requests from clients and seeing them through to completion. Our clients frequently have urgent analytical needs and little time to discuss, so we are looking for candidates who can right-size conflicting priorities such as: the time required, technical rigor, and the beauty of the final deliverable.
- Quality assurance checks to ensure flawless deliverables. The consultant will conduct and expand a series of checks we have developed – as the final step before a deliverable is finalized.
- Our efforts to document and publish current programmatic and monitoring efforts. The consultant will support our team’s efforts to publish programmatic and epidemiological research.
Over time, this position could turn into a role that includes supporting the operations of a small but growing consulting firm.
- Masters or PhD in epidemiology, public health, statistics, economics, or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant experience such as: quantitative analysis/visualization, designing/managing monitoring systems or program evaluations, management consulting, working for a funder, or generating academic publications.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills; proficiency in Stata is strongly preferred. Candidates proficient in R with a willingness to learn Stata are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience presenting complex information with simplicity; desire to learn Tableau/ArcGIS required.
- Meticulous attention to detail. For example, please use the subject line “Application for Consultancy: Your Last Name” in your email application.
- Experience managing high profile projects and navigating relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to write succinctly and tailor information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Global health experience, including familiarity with infectious diseases is a plus.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment by taking ownership and initiative.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Practitioner / consultant