Could not complete your request right now. Please try again later. Could not find any links for specified country. Please check back later. Job DetailsApply
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Applied Water Systems (AWS) business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges. Learn more at www.xylem.com., and click on Our Brands with a focus on Goulds Water Technology.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist to lead project teams to improve critical business processes and drive financial results. The incumbent would be responsible for identifying project scopes, developing project plans and business cases, and recruiting/ training/leading project team members, tracking/ measuring project results, etc. CI Specialists will receive a minimum of 5 weeks of in-depth training focused on Leadership Effectiveness, Six Sigma Problem Solving, and Lean Production.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead improvement projects within the value center and effectively coordinate these projects with the value center champion and other improvement project teams.
- Identify opportunities, define and financially justify projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities while leading teams to execute projects with the problem solving methodology.
- Identify integration issues with other projects/processes, and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met. Provide value center champion with the results and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Provide training and coaching to team members to spread the base of Six Sigma Problem Solving tools and increase their team effectiveness.
- Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects and business strategy.
- Ensure two-way open communications take place throughout the organization with respect to CI projects. This includes keeping the value center champion informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities with other CI Specialists. Includes capturing project case histories that can be re-used for other projects and submitting them in a Best Practices format when appropriate.
- Work with champions to perform diagnostics of a function or business unit.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments and/or projects as directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors degree Required in Business, Engineering or technical field required or equivalent
- Must be willing to travel, especially during the training phase.
- Greenbelt or above training/certification
- Preferred working knowledge of other operating functions such as Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Foundry operations.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Rotating equipment which may also include water and electrical components in use. Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.