West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking a Coordinator, Clinic Patient DH. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Under the general supervision of the Campus Dean, Dental Hygiene and direct supervision of the Clinic Administrator, the Clinic Patient Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day Dental Hygiene clinic operations for West Coast University. Handles patient phone calls; schedules patient appointments; tracks how patients hear about the clinic and monitors patient records for accuracy. Communicates patient records with community clinics, dental schools, and private dental offices; assists students, faculty, and patients as needed in the clinic; handles patient-student or patient-faculty issues; and performs a wide variety highly responsible, complex, and confidential support services for personnel, student, and patient matters, and clerical and administrative tasks as assigned. Participates in university activities such as student functions, open houses, student orientations, continuing education courses, and graduation exercises.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Must have documented continuing education dated within the previous two years to include a minimum of two (2) hours of Infection Control and two (2) hours of the Dental Practice Act.
- Associate degree in dental assisting, marketing, or related field preferred.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provider CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Current Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or California Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) license preferred.
- Health certifications for an OSHA Category I classified position (potential for exposure to infectious diseases at work). As an essential component of the West Coast University infection-control program immunizations and tuberculosis clearance documentation is required in accordance with current CDC and OSHA recommendations and guidelines for Health-Care Personnel. Below are health certification details which are subject to change as required by OSHA and CDC.
- Two years of dental office experience performing direct and indirect patient related duties.
- Excellent reception and telephone communication skills and techniques.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with physicians and dentists, administrators, program peers, community officials, sales representatives, media and the public.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Must be able to effectively use clinic and office equipment, computers and scanner and other resources for completion of projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in dental office systems such as Dentrix, Dexis, Guru, Lexi-Comp Online, and PreViser; comprehensive knowledge and skill in dental technology such as intra-oral camera use, caries detection devices, and oral pathology assessment tools to assist students as needed during clinic sessions.
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Proficient skills in classifying, indexing, processing, retrieving, and controlling a large volume of records.
- Thorough knowledge of patient electronic record keeping, maintenance, and adherence to the Quality Assurance Plan.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and career.
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
Flexible Spending Account
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
Previous Job Searches