Share this Job
US, Howard | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 10306
Vestas is looking for a Field Support Coordinator to help our company as it continues to grow. Your experience in office administration, business support, and/or inventory is needed to help our company maintain our professional standards.Sales/SBU AME/North America Services
The Service business unit is the owner for the after-turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and implements all service contracts, T&M work, modified scope contracts, and CIM for various customer assets across North America. Service interfaces directly with operational counterparts within customer organizations maximizing turbine operation and performance. The Field Coordinator is responsible for facilitating and supporting all areas of non-turbine work across one or multiple sites, including SAP planning, inventory and office management as directed by site leadership.
- Provide business and administrative support to site leadership for daily operations, including creating and running regular reports (consumption, availability, production, safety, etc.) assist with compiling data for budgets; travel arrangements.
- Assist Site Manager in daily operations, Organize Costs and Coding of Credit Card Transactions, Create PR/PO's, Order & staff equ ipment, Office Supplies, Assist with Site Safety Reporting, Training and ordering of supplies, Fleet Truck Maintenance Logs, Set up of Turbine Folders and Filing & Document Control, Create and monitor purchase orders/requests, defective parts returns and scrap requests; support, shipping & receiving and accounting functions pertaining to parts/materials/tools.
- Coordinate Inventory and Tools for sites which includes two full year inventory counts & one tool count per site, assist in forecasting inventory needs to effectively ensure necessary parts are available, Setting of Safety Stock and Maintaining System Software for Inventory Control, Shipping & Receiving of all parts/materials/tools,
- Assist wit h Down Turbines, Coordinate Serial Numbers for site & Serial number change request, Consume/Return to stock parts. Monthly Reports, Assist with Budget, Assist with quoting supplies, Maintain misc. stock items (pigmat, rag's, paint pens, etc
- Drive LEAN processes in the warehouse to increase efficiency and reduce waste. Must be willing to operate and maintain inventory-moving equipment, training provided.
- Adhere to all released planning processes and help maximize planning performance. Maintain planning grid to accurately reflect all actual technician / turbine work performed at sites and maintain forecasts, planned work to ensure proactive and cost efficient labor, material and asset (crane, tools) results. Close and technically complete service orders as work is completed. Enter all completed service orders into the customer’s MAXIMO data system.
- Communicate daily with lead technicians, technicians, CIM, and site leadership in execution of site planning and inventory control. Support reduction of equipment downtime and increase energy production output through maintaining data of all scheduled, unscheduled, warranty, CIM, T&M, and/or other turbine work.
- Responsible for site compliance to approved processes; enter contractor time and facilitate time entry for site personnel; provide SAP fundamental instruction and assist with system problem solving and error processing.
- Enter and monitor data and maintain site data integrity as measured by performance to key Process Performance Indicators (PPIs) and Basic Scorecard (BSC). Identify and provide recommendations for planning and SAP process changes to enhance service operational and turbine performance. Other tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years of business support experience in inventory or office administration, wind industry experience preferred
- Experienced in working with enterprise resource program (SAP preferred ) such as a dispatch / planner, stock keeper, technician, front desk function, and advanced forecasting and planning.
- Proven ability and experience in planning, logistics, scheduling and inventory control.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; active and effective listener; ability to effectively influence others to adhere to standard processes and procedures.
- Advanced PC computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel). Preference given to those with SAP experience.
- Ability to identify problems and solve them through root cause analysis; analytical skills and attention to detail. Solid time management and organizational skills to ensure both personal and assigned department goals are met. LEAN experience is preferred .
- Approximately 25% to 50% travel required, valid driver's license required. Passport for international travel is preferred . Ability to work in both a team-based environment and with limited supervision .
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a attractive salary and one of th e most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita