Researcher / analyst
Duties & accountabilities
- Review corporate action announcements and conduct research to obtain details required to validate and complete announcements for publication of composite records to clients
- Conduct research leveraging various sources, including prospectuses, information circulars, exchanges and bulletins, internet search engines and websites in conjunction with individual comprehension to successfully validate corporate action information
- Interface with Domestic and Foreign Paying/Transfer/Information Agents, Vendors, Custodians, Banks, Exchange Officials, to obtain corporate action specifics
- Review and validate event notification received from agents against issuer golden copy
- Reconcile with issuer golden copy by directly liaising with custodians/agents
- Validate information for the clients as per the SWIFT messages received from the agents and ensuring notification is sent with all key dates, details, options deadlines and the options available for elections.
- Liaising with MO, agent banks, cash management and the counterparty to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Escalate unresolved discrepancies to clients and escalation managers
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions to ensure accurate outcome for clients to avoid risk of significant monetary penalties
- Ensure quality control; review reports, research and deliver feedback to teammates to improve quality of manually validated corporate actions through experience and subject knowledge
- Collaborate with local leadership to identify training needs among the team, author training plans and documentation; deliver training to local team
- Contribute input to develop/modify procedures and controls
- Collaborate with local and global teams to improve procedures and identify and implement opportunities to realize efficiencies and improve quality for a better downstream product
- Conduct user acceptance testing and special projects in partnership with teammates in other locations and with local technology counterparts
- Respond to daily customer inquiries over email and the phone, citing specific research, providing guidance around interpretation, explaining judgment calls, and delivering system training
- Understand clients, how they consume Managed Corporate Actions, and strive to improve the service accordingly
- Understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and their impact on revenue and operations
- Support projects and design and implement processes that lead to strategic change
- Ensure integrity of security reference data from clients and vendors, and corporate actions data sourced from vendors
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.