This position will work varying hours between 8am to 9pm from Monday to Friday and will be required to work occasional weekends.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
The Saville Community Sports Centre - East will see over 500,000 visitors annually and is a high volume, diverse recreation facility primarily serving the sports of Curling and Tennis along with a small fitness centre.
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for the provision of direct customer service to the many members and visitors to the Saville Community Sports Centre. The position assists in providing oversight for the casual staff at the customer service desk and provides administrative support in the day to day functions of the centre.
Through the use of a Recreation Management Software System, this position will assist in a number of key areas including: staff training, information coordination/dissemination and financial transactions. In addition to the customer service area, this position will assist with administrative aspects such as locker administration, accounts receivables and deposits.
- Provide accurate and professional frontline customer service in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Works daily with the Recreation Management System to process registrations, input data, process memberships and complete transactions
- Maintains a working knowledge of RMS modules for the efficient delivery of customer service
- Disseminates inquiries and information to appropriate managers/staff
- Greets all patrons and confirms use of the facility through membership, programs, drop in or facility booking contracts.
- Provides general information on booking facilities and special events
- Monitors procedures for tennis court and curling ice bookings
- Conducts financial transaction payments and refunds in all forms – credit cards, debit, cheque and cash
- Assists with staff training and shadow shifts, observing that casual staff are functional
- Provides ongoing follow up in specific areas for staff including emergency procedures, general desk duties, administrative functions in RMS and procedures related to facility policies
- Communicate duties and confirm understanding of processes with casual staff during cross over times
- Collaborates with Customer Service Coordinator for developing staff resource materials
- Reconciles daily cash outs and prepares bi-weekly deposits for RMS transactions
- Assists with the follow up on Accounts Receivables for Membership and Programs
- With guidance from the Customer Service Coordinator, troubleshoots client accounts balances and payments
- Conducts audits on membership and programs to ensure the integrity of data collection
- Oversees locker administration including delegation, cancellations, updates and changes
- Coordinates projects as requested including posters/mailouts/report printing/collecting of information etc.
- Provides coverage in the absence of the Customer Service Coordinator including scheduling and communication
- Current Standard First Aid (within 2 years) and Level C CPR (within 1 year) required
- Excellent Customer Service skills; minimum of one year front line customer service experience is required
- Experience working with a Recreation Software System is required
- Excellent communication skills and public relations skills
- Strong supervision skills required
- Degree in Kinesiology, Sport & Recreation and understanding of facility operation is an asset
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Skilled in conflict resolution methods
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and work as a member of a team
Along with a resume, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining qualifications and demonstrating a passion for customer service. Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.