We are seeking an experienced data analyst to help drive innovation and make an impact within the world of health. The Data Analyst 3 functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet business needs. The Data Analyst 3 makes complex information and data sets understandable through rich visual formats that are insightful and actionable. You’ll be working to solve complex healthcare problems using large datasets and an array of advanced data analytics tools. Every day you’ll be working alongside energizing product teams that are eager to work with you to solve our customers’ most pressing problems.
The Data Analyst 3 resides within the Software Technology Solutions, Analytic Services department. Technology Solutions is a software development organization within BD responsible for delivering analytics and surveillance solutions that help hospitals take care of their patients. Capabilities like advanced analytics, user experience design, data science, test automation, project/portfolio management, lean-agile software development practices, and automated software development metrics are critical to our success. Software Technology Solutions provides data products and solutions to our customers using in-depth detailed medical device and hospital data to improve the safety and experiences for all patients.
- Own an analytics project from start to end including relationship building, requirements gathering, solution designing, collaborating, communicating, documenting, and presenting outcomes.
- Based on others' or your own design, develop, tune, test, store, label, and document code.
- Drive details of how the solution meets the needs including writing test plans, organizing test execution, executing testing, and supporting solutions in production.
- Drive insight by designing professional visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow.
- Build data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets
- Create and drive solutions that lead to greater efficiency for the Analytic Services team and our customers.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or a quantitative field.
- Must have a minimum of six years of experience in exploratory data analysis using Excel, Python and/or R.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience with Python for data manipulation, program development, deployment, and support. Ability to write functions, object oriented code, and leverage automated testing tools such as pytest.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience with data visualization tools such as ggplot2 or Matplotlib.
- Must have a minimum of four years of SQL coding. Can do complex joins and understands architectural principles.
- Must have knowledge of introductory statistics.
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Must be a trustworthy business partner who actively communicates and collaborates with team members and customers.
- Must be a stickler for accuracy and quality.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise creativity and mature judgment.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to communicate technical/statistical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong candidates are creative, detail-oriented, innovative, and have intellectual curiosity.
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org