Junior industry position
Data Engineering Specialist
The Data Engineering Specialist works with data engineers, data scientists, user researchers and product managers to create a data architecture that ensures the right information is available and accessible to study user behavior, to build and track key metrics, to understand product performance, and to fuel experimental analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design lasting solutions that combine data from downstream applications in our Enterprise Data Lake to surface critical information and performance metrics.
- Manage and optimize the usage of our Google Analytics 360 environment as a significant source of user data that supports decision making across the organization.
- Applies data mining capabilities to aggregate, validate, and disseminate actionable insights through information delivery tools such as Power BI, Tableau, or Salesforce Einstein.
- Champions and further develops best practices for measuring & optimizing downstream activities through data-driven decision making.
- Design segmentation models to inform our acquisition and communications strategy.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on Google Analytics 360 capabilities, information availability through Google Big Query, and integrations with various applications including Salesforce.com, Marketing Cloud, and CVent.
- Serves on cross-functional teams to provide user insights, set KPIs, and monitor results with a consistent goal of improving program outcomes.
- Anticipates and plans analytical capabilities to answer questions that the organization will need to answer in the future.
- Supports implementation of tools and the development of infrastructure to help scale analytics, increase efficiencies, and improve the quality of results.
- Continuously learns and evaluates new analytics technologies and stays up-to-date on new trends and tools.
- Occasional travel for training, meetings, or trade shows may be required.Incidental Duties:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Data Science, Economics, Statistics, or a related field required.
- Master’s Degree or other advanced degree is a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Experience with Google Analytics is required, GA 360 experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or similar data lake solution is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of analytics best practices and data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, or similar is required.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, or similar is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce.com and Marketing Cloud preferred.
- Experience with sourcing data through APIs via XML or JSON preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across a variety of disciplines.
- Ability to communicate with peers, cross-functional partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience working with a variety of software tools including Microsoft Office Suite and industry leading Analytics and Business Intelligence software.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Naples