Junior industry position
Tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to employ big data, geospatial data and data science techniques to develop a range of solutions. In one or more of the above mentioned domains, Consultants and PSA subscribers will contribute to and/or take responsibility for one or more of the following tasks:
They will perform other related duties as required.
- For PSAs: University degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Geography, Remote Sensing, Agri-Environmental Data Science, Bioinformatics, Physics or related topics with strong computational elements.
- For Consultants: Advanced University degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Geography, Remote Sensing, Agri-Environmental Data Science, Bioinformatics, Physics or related topics with strong computational elements.
- 1 year of relevant experience in the above mentioned areas of work and / or fields of application.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of the one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian would be an asset.
FAO Core Competencies
Desirable skills and competencies
Extent and length of knowledge and experience in performing the above mentioned tasks and responsibilities in relevant statistical fields
PhD or equivalent degree in relevant disciplines – this may substitute for 1 year of experience
Ability to draft quickly, clearly and concisely and to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
Previous working experience with FAO and its partners in the above mentioned statistical domains and tasks
Experience in the provision of technical assistance to countries and/or professional experience in national statistical services