Researcher / analyst
A technical expert who will be working with multi-dimensional datasets from various time-series sensors to develop generative and discriminative models. The candidate is expected to be well versed in mathematics with a thorough understanding in statistics, linear algebra, and calculus in order to have a deep mathematical understanding of novel ways to improve existing models. You will be tasked with reading new scientific papers, giving technical reports on the mathematical theory in the paper, as well as own possible testing and incorporating the algorithm into an existing model.
Other Job Responsibilities
Other responsibilities include deploying deep learning methods with traditional computer vision to build robust image detection and feature recognition models or designing advanced deep learning algorithms for process control and writing robust and maintainable code that is well documentated with version control in Python. You will also be creating Python applications that parse and format large data sets for analysis, developing or specifying DB pipelines for image storage and data retrievability, and supply models to process engineers for increased speed to solutions.
- Masters or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with applied computer vision and machine learning algorithms or 1-2 years of experience creating code for formatting large data sets in Python / C/C++ for a Masters Candidate or extensive thesis work in these areas
- Solid mathematics background (linear algebra, probability, optimization).
- Knowledge in deep learning architectures for computer vision, and associated libraries and frameworks (Spark, Keras, Tensorflow, OpenCV, Skimage, etc.).
- Experience with and implementing CNN’s, feature detection, and classification.
- Experience with solr, and SQL or HDFS/HBase is a plus.
- Minimum three years of working experience within the semiconductor or related field is preferred
- Previous work analyzing multi-dimensional data, including segmentation, reconstruction, classification, or manipulation is a big plus
- Strong communication skills.