Mid-level industry position
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we have an incredible mission: to enable our customers make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our responsibility in supporting this vision is to consistently strive to work together and enable our customers more effectively. We have the 4i Values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement that define the way we work together and with our customers. As we operate within the 4i framework, there are three areas that we believe could really lead to a breakthrough in the way we work together: Accountability. Innovation. Risk tolerance.When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Every year, we make millions of DNA microarray chips to support the work of researchers and industrial applications. Application areas that benefit from our products include plant and animal agriculture, precision medicine, reproductive health and more.We are looking to hire a highly motivated data scientist whom can leverage the power of analytics to show how data can improve the lives of many. As a Data Scientist at our Microarrays Manufacturing Engineering organization, you will be working on multidisciplinary projects leveraging big data to generate models to gain actionable in-sights and accelerate scientific discovery.Essential Functions:
- You will lead in the development of new approaches in using Data, Statistics, Design of Experiments and Machine Learning techniques to help manage the manufacturing operations.
- Drive data analytical pipelines from Definition, Data Ingestion/Preparation/ Segregation to Model Training/Evaluation/Deployment/Refinement
- Work with process, equipment and QC/QA data logs to create insights that drives key improvements in manufacturing yield, reduce variabilities, etc
- Connect the Microarrays value chain from Design, Manufacturing and Customers Intended Use using Data analytics
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Singapore and around the globe to drive desired outcomes.
- Lead from our Singapore Microarrays Site for our Global Data Science Innovation Lab
- Advocate for advanced analytics to support the business to make decisions.
- Work with IT to develop and integrate analytical modelling.
- Assist in data definition creation for new database development or changes.
- Develop BI dashboards and methods to visualize information from large data sets.
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in data science roles.ExperienceKnowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Power BI, Machine learning experience
- Experienced in data structure, data management and data quality monitoring
- Proficient in SQL
Skills and Abilities
- High fluency in spoken and written English
- Possess good problem-solving skills
Experience with medical science solutions that manages genomic or biomedical dataAt Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Mid-level industry position