Junior industry position
About Company:Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.About Team:We are a strong and competent extension of global IT in India which is committed to serve the organization by providing the best services, implement innovative solutions and provide stability to our enterprise applications which will enable our customers to accelerate growth and increase productivity. Workday Integration DeveloperThe qualified applicant will become part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific HR Technology team as a Workday Integration Developer. Working closely with the HR function, end-user community and IT staff, this individual will implement, support, maintain and enhance Workday Integrations in support of the HR Technology roadmap. Support of additional technical areas and platforms, as required.Responsibilities:
- Conduct requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing, deployment, of new integrations
- Support/maintenance of existing integrations, including daily monitoring, bug-fix and enhancements.
- Evaluate the technical impacts of Workday application configuration decisions.
- Create detailed technical system interface specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Support of data conversion activities (mass data loads, EIBs)
- Develop creative technical solutions to resolve business issues and deliver value to internal and external customers
- Additional responsibilities as assigned supporting other platforms including Service Now, Kenexa, Smashfly, Successfactors, etc.
- B.S / M.S.in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of IT experience in ERP applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc. (2+ years for Masters holders)
- 2+ years of IT experience supporting Workday HCM
- Experience with at least one full life cycle implementation of Workday as an integration developer a plus
- Experience with Workday EIB, RaaS, Web Services, XSLT, PICOF, PECI, Core Connector, Document Transformation(DT), APIs
- Experience developing complex calculated fields
- Experience with Workday Studio a plus
- Desire to learn web service technologies (REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, PGP, SAML, API, etc)
- Strong understanding of Integration design and testing concepts.
- Understanding of the technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates
- Knowledge of payroll processes and concepts, including time tracking a plus.
- Work in an office environment
- Occasional travel (less than 10%)
- Must be able to effectively communicate (listen, speak, present and write) with colleagues, customers, vendors and all levels of management
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and “take ownership of issues and tasks”.
- Outstanding skills required in Microsoft office tools (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).