Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
# 74614 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
The Procurement Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Category Manufacturing Services team to define and execute procurement strategies and plans for the Division. He/She will be the primary Procurement contact for the Category Manufacturing Services team, as well as the Director of Manufacturing.
The Procurement Manager will manage the sourcing of all materials within the designated category and division. He/She will be responsible for price and price forecast management, critical service/quality issues, market knowledge for his/her geographies, FTG Coordination and reporting, implications of new product development, supply chain tools (SMI, Audits), and the successful delegation of day-to-day supplier issue management to division and plant procurement managers/specialists. He/she will also have specific responsibilities related to Raw Materials within the Division, for Home Care and Personal Care categories.
- Manages the people, materials, and purchasing processes to deliver performance objectives, as measured by corporate, division and local KPIs.
- Leads segmentation strategy development and ensures effective execution of negotiations on major materials and purchases for the Division.
- Primary procurement lead for all Divisional Category Quality, Cost and Service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Interfaces with suppliers’ sales, technical and other functional groups as well as Category Supply Chain, Technology, Marketing, and Finance functions to enforce purchasing policies, resolve issues, align service and financial strategies.
- Ensures timely delivery of new products & packages as per Division grids.
- Ensure implementation of Key Initiatives with suppliers (i.e., Enhanced Supplier Program, Continuous Improvement Teams, Contract Coverage, etc.).
- Responsible for /Divisional Funding the Growth Programs as well as FTG reporting.
- Leads Division efforts in using “e-tools” (Auctions, Spend Analyzer, etc.) to help drive Funding the Growth, simplification, and standardization programs.
- Leads the implementation of SMI with appropriate suppliers.
- Provides functional resources, including support on task forces, acquisition studies, and major project support.
- Ensures the development of the documented understanding of Division market structure and drivers for materials and identifies opportunities and threats for the future.
- Collaborates with Category Manufacturing Services to develop risk management strategies for key materials.
- Identifies and resolves all material Customer Service and Quality issues in the Division.
- Responsible for budget preparation and completion.
Contract Manufacturing responsibility:
- Negotiates supply/service agreements.
- Coordinates cost savings activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field.
- At least 7 years of Supply Chain experience with Bachelor's degree OR at least 5 years with a Master's degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey Job Segment: Procurement, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Risk Management, Operations, Technology, Quality, Finance