Executive / senior industry position
Director, Finance & Administration (FS20-240)
The Director, Finance & Administration role is a “hands on” position with direct responsibility for Catalyst’s Financial Planning, supporting financial close, Administration and ITGC SOX responsibilities. This position reports to the Executive Director, Finance and works directly with a wide range of individuals including CFO, senior management team, accounting, CMO’s (Contract Manufacturing Organizations), and CRO’s (Contract Research Organizations). The position will lead best practices in FP&A in a high growth company utilizing data driven analysis for forecasting, strategic planning and general business and financial analyses. This position will work closely with senior leaders to drive growth and seek improvements in operational processes.
ABOUT CATALYST BIOSCIENCES
Catalyst is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel medicines to address hematology indications. Catalyst is focused on the field of hemostasis, including the subcutaneous prophylaxis of hemophilia, and facilitating surgery in individuals with hemophilia. For more information, please visit www.catalystbiosciences.com.
- Partner with senior leadership to prepare the budget and strategic plan.
- Manage FP&A responsibilities for the company, including planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities, monthly close support, and variance analyses.
- Manage the finance responsibilities for collaborations and partnerships, including budget management, variance commentary, and invoice generation.
- Partner with project team leads and department heads to ensure consistency between project goals, timelines, and financial plans.
- Develop and distribute financial operating reports, including monthly and quarterly variance reporting to budget and prior periods.
- Conduct ad hoc financial modeling to support strategic decision making. Recommend and implement enhancements to the financial planning and budgeting systems that generate project and activity-based reporting to meet internal business and SEC requirements.
- Support accounting with month-end close processes associated with all clinical and manufacturing accounting and reconciliations.
- Leverage and increase utilization of Adaptive Solution FP&A software.
- Support GDPR compliance efforts working with Data Protection team.
- Management of Facilities, while also providing mentorship to Business Operations direct report.
- Management of company’s internal controls related to ITGC.
- 7+ years of accounting to include increasing levels of responsibility is required as well as at least 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. MBA or CPA is preferred.
- Must have strong financial systems knowledge and will be detailed, organized, reliable, and able to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and internal control.
- Ability to proactively identify and propose solutions to solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas.
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary for communication with company leadership.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with mid and large-scale accounting software, NetSuite experience preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information in a professional manner.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and process improvement mindset.
- Experience working in a SOX controlled environment.
- Well organized and a strong attention to detail.
Thank you for your interest in Catalyst Biosciences! You may apply for this position by sending your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing requisition number (FS20-240) in the subject line.