Researcher / analyst
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business operations and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
On the back of the rapid expansion of our Supply Chain practice, we now have a newly created opening for a Director Analyst in Supply Chain Transport Technology based in the United States. A Supply Chain Technology analyst in the Supply Chain Practice advises senior end-user clients on best practices in selection, use and best practices of technology using their own research, practitioner content and case studies. Additionally you will work closely with the vendor community helping with product direction, end user insights and marketing perspectives. The key activities performed include: Client advisory calls, conducting research and producing content, working with practitioners to produce content jointly and producing case studies. Presenting at Gartner events and supporting sales teams by speaking with prospective clients to demonstrate Gartner subject matter expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Cover specific topics in Supply Chain Transport Technology – specifically:
- The relationship between Supply Chain Transportation Technologies and the Logistics business process, Warehousing and other processes
- The business case for Transportation technology
- State of the art for technologies for transportation processes and organization
- Leadership of Supply Chain Technology teams
- Developing a Digital Roadmap for Supply Chain Transportation leaders
- Drive research on strategy and best practices in Supply Chain Transportation strategy. The targeted client role for the research this analyst will produce is a senior Supply Chain leader in Supply Chain IT (logistics) – typically VP or Director of SC IT or Head of Supply Chain IT. Experience in selecting/implementing/running complex Supply Chain Planning technology is required.
- Have expertise in other areas of Supply Chain like Strategy, Planning, Customer Service or novel technology introduction (perhaps Innovation Lab experience too).
- Responsible for conducting research and writing in-depth reports that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision making in transportation technology adoption. Proficiency in developing graphics and converting written content to presentation materials is an advantage
- Responsible for ongoing publication of research notes that are topical, based on case studies or follow on from research reports to generate client readership and interaction.
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in these verticals (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
- Support the Gartner sales team in closing deals through proof of capability.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert i.e. develop a following.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on best practices and trends in the Supply Chain.
- Ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Located in the USA
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain, with demonstrated expertise in IT Transportation technology areas
- Understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, and ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals, metrics & technology to client’s business strategies.
- Ability to interact at all levels of an organization on supply chain and business issues.
- Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- The candidate must be a strategic and critical thinker, able to efficiently multitask, and to deliver high quality actionable advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment.
- Experience with the best practices and issues facing end users (“clients”).
- Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively and presenting to large groups in workshops and conferences desired.
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Be able to travel minimum 5 – 10 working days per month and attend 2 Gartner conferences per year.
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters/MBA preferred.
Who you are:
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume.
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision. Effective communicator
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors.
- Thought leader – strong visionary and analytical thinker
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Direct collaboration with smart global colleagues in a continuous learning environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on your first day.
Job Requisition ID:39907
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com.