Executive / senior industry position
Global Evidence & Value Development is an integral component of the BioPharma Global Research & Development organization that focuses on readiness for value assessment and patient access across the product lifecycle.
With leadership from the Executive Director, the Director, Strategic Innovation and Capabilities will bring strategic leadership, broad scientific expertise, organizational savvy, advanced communication skills, and vision to a portfolio of neurology assets.
As a primary global partner, you will interact with Connected Health & Devices, Clinical Innovation, Digital and Data, and Medical Affairs, to accelerate new and exciting research applications in the area of patient insights and solutions to improve patient healthcare outcomes. You will maximize opportunities at the interface of value demonstration and the real-world, healthcare ecosystem for patient-centric value creation.
Responsibilities include developing, leading, and executing innovative strategies and research studies to advance patient-centricity, further value-based decision-making, inform treatment decisions, and improve system efficiency and quality, for healthcare decision-makers and patients.
You will provide scientific leadership, championing innovative approaches to identify and resolve complex and critical technical, operational and organizational challenges and opportunities. You will lead the development and implementation of highly visible projects or major initiatives that have significant company impact.
You will make appropriate application of policy insights and maintain surveillance of macro-level landscape trends for health authority, healthcare provider, patient, and payer stakeholders. As appropriate, you will establish strategic external collaborations and partnerships.
You will filter, prioritize, analyze and validate complex and dynamic information from a diverse range of external and internal sources to respond to key business challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 plus years of experience, or master’s degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, or relevant degree with 5 plus years or PhD with 3 plus years of experience
- Graduate level training in socio-behavioral sciences (e.g., ethnography behavioral psychology, psychometrics) fields of public health such as health services research, health economics and outcomes research, or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with a combination of academic/research institute and biopharmaceutical/biotechnology settings is desirable. Background in healthcare management, change management, consulting, healthcare delivery systems, patient advocacy, or payer research institutes, is welcome.
- In addition to quantitative methods, preferred candidates will have demonstrated competencies in areas such as: advanced mixed methods research, behavioral economics, computational social sciences, digital health, health communication, education, or literacy, implementation sciences, real-world evidence, or social media analysis.
- Strong leadership competencies. Cultural awareness, proactive thinking and interdependent, agile leadership style.
- Skills in communicating confidently in teams across functions, hierarchies, cultural boundaries and geographies. Ability to communicate in a precise, reliable, unambiguous, and timely manner. Excellent matrix, inter-personal, and influencing skills.
- Strong publication record.
Position can be in Billerica or Rockland MA, or remote if you reside greater than a 50-mile radius from either MA location.
Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Nearest Major Market: Boston