Mid-level industry position
Share this Job
Date: Jun 29, 2020
Company: Boston Scientific
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:The Distribution and Logistics Specialist will be responsible for vendor and process management of 3rd party distribution center, and the regional lead for transportation management for key service/lanes. In role, will function as key interface between Boston Scientific functions/division/etc. and vendors on performance, priorities, and cross functional improvements. You will perform analytics and research on transportation methods, rates and routes for the Pathology and Endoscopy business by developing programs to monitor carrier rates, charges and evaluate performance/cost of shipping.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Distribution and 3PL vendor management (50%) - Oversee distribution operations at local 3rd party distribution facility. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Work with functional leads and 3PL operations to develop and manage KPI/SLA’s to ensure Quality, Service, Performance and Cost performance of the Alpharetta site
- Provide analytical support for 3PL operations and drive continuous improvement ideas and execution
- Lead as key interface between BSC and 3PL and develop short and long-term strategies/initiatives.
- Drives efforts to implement key cross functional improvement programs
- Manages and builds relationships with partner(s), leveraging those partnerships to maximize the efficiency of outsourcing
- Transportation and Logistics (50 %) - Primary site contact, responsible for transportation supporting Pathology Lab, Infection Prevention Manufacturing and Order Fulfillment. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Manage daily transportation execution, expedite difficult shipments (like expedite shipments, DG, etc.) and monitor carrier performance, for all business linked to the Alpharetta site
- Work with service providers (carriers, Trucking companies and forwarders), other BSC sites, Global Transportation team and /or other functional leads to continuously improve the service, performance and cost of transportation solutions
- Assist in developing long-term logistics strategies with Global Transportation team, participate in price negotiations and freight audit solutions to respond to emerging business needs.
- 1- 3 years of Distribution operations and warehousing experience
- Ability to work under remote general supervision and corporate transportation governance
- Receives limited supervision on standard issues, and detailed instructions on new assignments
- Basic knowledge of reverse logistics and returns services
- Basic understanding of functional specialty and industry practices, techniques and standards or the ability to learn and comprehend the detailed regulations such as DOT and HAZMAT requirements
- Understanding of high velocity distribution fulfilment center and warehouse facility, 3PL.
- Possess ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Experience working with large national carriers
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran