Mid-level industry position
The Distribution Manager manages and maintains material flow, storage and order fulfillment of Finished Goods inventory including the Planning function. Ensures inventory balances are accurately reported and maintained in the ERP system including cycle counting. Prepares and manages departmental budget and operating expenses. Supervises the day to day activities for Distribution and Planning Teams. Responds proactively to internal and external customer expectations. Responsible for strategic initiatives, projects, monitoring overall activities (KMI’s) and continuous improvement programs. Ensures operations are compliant with all regulatory requirements along with maintaining ISO and SOX compliance. Ensures safe working conditions and habits are enforced.
- Provides first line supervision to employees, ensuring adherence to compliance. Recommends hires and terminations. Trains, motivates, and evaluates permanent and temporary employees.
- Reviews and manages distribution and planning activities, material and manpower to satisfy customer expectations Ensures inventory balances are accurately reported in both the ERP and WMS systems including cycle counting.
- Develops global department statistical measurements criteria and prepares performance metrics and procedures to lead, improve and manage Distribution and Planning Operations. Evaluates/reconfigures system functionality to support customs/operational goals.
- Manages and directs projects both within and outside of department responsibilities to improve customer service.
- Manages Key Service Providers for both inbound and outbound activities (Quarterly Review Meetings). Negotiates and manages key suppliers related to Distribution operations (packaging, supplies, etc.).
- Responsible for global activities associated with picking, packing, receiving and shipping for Finished Goods inventory along with overall Planning responsibilities.
- Reviews and justifies warehouse investments to improve operational efficiencies. Ensures department expenses are managed and monitored including purchases (expensed and capital), transportation costs and labor costs.
- Ensures safe working conditions and habits are enforced. Participates in establishing and improving operational and ergonomic processes.
- Manages and maintains overall compliance for Operations associated with but not limited to ISO, SOX, Health Canada, Canadian Customs and Customer audits along with dangerous goods compliance through a comprehensive understanding of ground and air transportation requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Logistics, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management.
- 5+ years working in distribution/logistics/warehousing/planning, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in a regulated environment Experience in life sciences/clinical diagnostic industries preferred.
- Experience supervising an RF (radio frequency) distribution warehouse, negotiating vendor contracts, and use of advanced Planning Tools
- Project management skills
- IATA, ERP/WMS system knowledge
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/5S considered a plus.
Bio-Rad is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Bio-Rad Laboratories (Canada) Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Bio-Rad Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.