Job Number: UOL04174
Language: English (UK)
Organisation data: Economics and Management
Job Number: UOL04174
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 36 Month
Schedule Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 40.0 Hours per Week
The University | About us...
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. The University`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance offers three Bachelor programmes, four Master programmes of Management and Economics and six Masters of Laws (LL.M.), as well as several continuing education courses. It also includes the Doctoral School in Law and the Doctoral School in Economics and Finance. Around 2,500 students from 90 different nationalities are enrolled at the Faculty. Academic staff from 18 different nationalities teach at the Faculty, supported by practitioners from the field, visiting scholars and guest professors. Rooted in Luxembourg but with a European and international outlook, the Faculty counts three departments:
- Department of Law
- Department of Economics and Management
- Department of Finance
Teaching and research benefit from the proximity of the European institutions, Luxembourg’s leading international financial centre and its vibrant business community. Institutional and private sector partnerships, sponsored Chairs and a growing network of international partner universities make the FDEF a vibrant academic hub at the heart of Europe.
- The doctoral researcher will be working within the Department of Economics and Management. The doctoral researcher is expected to contribute to research projects in the broad area of Labour economics (including family economics and sports economics). Particular interest in matching models, assignment models, transportation models, would be an asset.
- The candidate’s main task will be to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of (labour) economics under the supervision of Professor Arnaud Dupuy. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised with another university.
- Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
What we expect from you…
- Master’s degree in Economics or equivalent.
- A strong background in microeconom(-etr)ics is highly desirable.
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English is a must. Good understanding of French and/or German is an advantage.
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment and the possibility to work within a research team focused on enforcement in multi-level regulatory systems.
- Personal workspace (full-time contract requires the doctoral candidate to work at the University premises).
- Travel opportunities for training and learning.
- The University offers highly competitive salaries based on the candidate's experience and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month - extendable to 48 months if required
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Employee and student status
- Job Reference: UOL04174
How to apply...
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
For more information concerning this position, please contact Prof. Arnaud Dupuy, email: Arnaud.email@example.com
Job Number: UOL04174