The ifo Center for Labour and Demographic Economics has an immediate vacancy for a doctoral student (f/m) to complete a PhD in economics at the chair of the Center Director Prof Helmut Rainer, PhD at the University of Munich and to work on research projects in the field of labour and demographic economics.
The ifo Institute is one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes and is renowned for its research activities, its policy advisory work and its international services. It promotes internationally recognised research in the field of economics and provides intensive training for junior economists.
- Working on research projects in the field of labour and demographic economics
- Completing a PhD in economics at the Chair of Center Director Prof Helmut Rainer, PhD at the LMU
- Participation in the structured doctoral student training programme run by the LMU’s Graduate School of Economics
- A strong Masters in economics
- Sound knowledge of the theoretical principles of economics, relevant empirical methods and the economics of labour market economics
- An excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good German language skills or at minimum the willingness to acquire German language skills
- Comprehensive further scientific qualification at one of Germany’s best economics faculties and involvement in the policy-oriented empirical economics research of one of Europe’s leading economic research institutes, as well as the opportunity to acquire enriching international experience
- A working contract initially limited to three years with an option to extend
- Compensation and benefits based on the German public service pay scale (75%, TV-L E13)
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality. Women are expressly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your completed application under reference number 2019-001 AB-Dok by 10 February 2019 preferably via email to: Recruiting@ifo.de
Munich , Germany