The University of Paderborn is a high-performance and internationally oriented univer-sity with approximately 20,000 students. Within interdisciplinary teams, we design forward-looking research, innovative teaching and the active transfer of knowledge into society. As an important research and cooperation partner, the university also shapes regional development strategies. We offer our more than 2,300 employees in research, teaching, technology and administration a lively, family-friendly, equal opportunity environment, a lean management structure and diverse opportunities.
Join us to invent the future!
The Chair of Managerial Economics at the University of Paderborn, Department of Manage-ment (Prof. Dr. Wendelin Schnedler) is looking for a
Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
(part time 50%, pay scale TV-L 13)
starting 1st December 2019 or at the earliest possible date thereafter.
The initial employment term is three years in accordance with the German “Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz” (WissZeitVG) and offers the opportunity for an academic qualifica-tion (Dr. rer. pol.). The contract may be extended upon successful evaluation. The salary is according to German state regulations (TV-L 13) and is competitive by international stand-ards.
- teaching duty equivalent to one 2-hour course per term
- supporting the development of new teaching concepts
- independently acquiring expertise in using innovative methods (e.g. online or laboratory experiments) in both teaching and research
- development and carrying out of both, individual and joint research projects
- participating in the decision and implementation of our team rules
- holding a masters’ degree in economics with very good grades
- very good methodological knowledge in applied microeconomics and experimental eco-nomics
- interested in behavioural questions
- a very strong command of both oral and written English
- strong team-work skills and ability to work independently
- skilled in use of standard computer programs
- individual advice on your Doctoral thesis project
- opportunities for exchanging research-related ideas with researchers on different levels (doctoral courses, seminars, international conferences)
- methodological knowledge in experimental economics and applied microeconomics
- access to an experimental laboratory (www.baer-lab.org)
- an opportunity to acquire additional skills in didactics or other competencies (e.g. by participating in University-wide didactics workshops or the mentoring for female Doctoral students)
- a workplace certified for its employee health program that we actively participate in
- a very friendly and often funny team where decisions are made together
Applications from women are particularly welcome and, in case of equal qualifications and experience, will receive preferential treatment according to state law (LGG). Qualified disabled people (in the sense of the German social law SGB IX) are also encouraged to apply.
Applications should include the usual documents (cover letter, CV, university diploma) and ideally one reference letter. Please send your application (as a single PDF) via e-mail (ManEc@wiwi.uni-paderborn.de) by 15th September 2019, indicating the reference number 3937.
Job interviews are planned for 1st and 2nd October 2019.
Warburger Straße 100, 33100 Paderborn
Paderborn , Germany