The Chair of Managerial Economics at the University of Paderborn, Department of Management is looking for a Doctoral Student (m/f/d) (part time 50%, pay scale TV-L 13) starting 15th of January 2023 or at the earliest possible date thereafter.
This is a qualification position within the meaning of the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG), which serves to promote a doctoral degree in the field of Behavioural Economics. The position is limited to the duration of the qualification procedure of the doctoral degree in Behavioural Economics, depending on the qualification achieved to date, but generally for a period of 3 years. An extension for the completion of the doctoral degree is possible within the time limits of the WissZeitVG. The extent of the position can potentially be raised to 75%.
- teaching duty in German and English equivalent to one 2-hour course per term
- supporting the development of new teaching concepts
- independently acquiring expertise in using innovative methods (e.g. online or laboratory experiments) in both teaching and research
- development and carrying out of both, individual and joint research projects
- contributing to the decisions of the chair and their implementation
- holding a successfully completed masters’ degree in economics with very good grades
- very good methodological knowledge in applied microeconomics and experimental economics
- interested in behavioural questions and intensive exchange
- a very strong command of both oral and written German (at least B2 level) and English
- strong teamworking skills and ability to work independently
- skilled in use of standard computer programs
- individual advice on your doctoral thesis project
- opportunities for exchanging research-related ideas with researchers on different levels (doctoral courses, seminars, international conferences)
- methodological knowledge in experimental economics and applied microeconomics
- access to an experimental laboratory (www.baer-lab.org)
- an opportunity to acquire additional skills in didactics or other competencies (e.g. by participating in university-wide didactics workshops or the mentoring for female doctoral students)
- a workplace certified for its employee health program that we actively participate in
- a very friendly team where decisions are made together
Applications from women are particularly welcome and, in case of equal qualifications and experience, will receive preferential treatment according to state law (LGG). Qualified disabled people (in the sense of the German social law SGB IX) are also encouraged to apply.
Applications should include the usual documents and ideally one reference letter. Please send your application (as a single PDF) via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1st of November 2022, indicating the reference number 5418. Job Interviews are expected to be scheduled for the middle of November 2022.
Information regarding the processing of your personal data can be located at: https://www.uni-paderborn.de/en/zv/personaldatenschutz