Job Posting: 10/Jan/2020
Closure Date: 24/Jan/2020, 10:59:00 PM
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Primary Location: Lebanon-Beirut
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) is currently implementing a project funded by the Dutch Government and entitled “Promotion of Agricultural Livelihoods and Employment through Investment in Land Reclamation and Water Reservoirs” in close collaboration with the Green Plan. The project responds to the reduced livelihood and food security levels resulted from the Syrian crisis. It tackles its negative impact on the host communities, through the support to the agriculture infrastructure development in small mountainous exploitations, and improving the agricultural productivity and the farmers’ income, in addition to the creation of employment opportunities for both host communities and Syrian displaced.
The project aims as well to build the capacities of Green Plan to assist poor farmers in deploying agriculture infrastructure, as well as to contribute to the implementation of the new Green Plan Strategy Plan 2015-2019 in sustaining rural livelihood while improving water and soil conservation.
The project is field intensive with frequent travels all over Lebanon and deals with a considerable amount of data for a large number of beneficiaries, in hard copy and digital formats.
The Driver candidate will perform his/her duties under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Lebanon, the direct supervision of the Project Manager, in close collaboration with the staff of the FAO project staff and the Representation Office staff.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/