Assistant professor / lecturer
DTU Management - Department of Technology, Management and Economics invites applications for positions as Assistant or Associate Professor in Urban Economics, Regional Economics and/or Transport Economics. We are looking for scholars, who will conduct excellent research as well as focus on creating societal impact.
The positions are offered in the division of transport with a focus on one of the following (partly overlapping) research areas:
- Urban Economics; Understanding how different policies affect the localization of households and firms and the resulting effects on the economy and distribution. Focus areas may include economics of cities, economies of agglomeration, effects of transport infrastructure and policies, plus housing and labor market effects
- Regional Economics; Understanding the spatial dimensions of economic activity i.e. patterns of proximity, concentration and dispersion. Core aspects are the economics of spatial concentration, the importance of transport costs and (im)mobility of factors
- Transport Economics; Understanding the economic and distributional effects of transport policies in various ways using microeconomic theory and econometrics. A wide range of policy instruments can be considered, including capacity provision, pricing and taxation, safety initiatives, regulation, parking, and information provision.
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Associate Professorship. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
Responsibilities and qualifications
Your main activities will include:
- Conducting excellent research in one or more of the above-mentioned research areas and publication of articles in international high-ranked journals
- Teaching future engineers and researchers in the above mentioned research areas, as well as basic skills courses
- Attracting external funding to the field of research
- Participating in projects and collaborations related to research-based public sector support
- Building and expanding on the national and international network
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree in economics or similar. If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
Moreover, we expect you to focus on making impact to the society and contribute to national and international outreach and dissemination. You enjoy working in a multicultural environment, but also have the curiosity to eventually learn and use the Danish language.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Assistant professor / lecturer
Anker Engelunds Vej 1 Bygning 101A
2800 Kongens Lyngby , Denmark