Researcher / analyst
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Analyze data, contribute regional and sector specific analysis on a variety of commercial real estate topics to company publications, and substantively contribute to our website commentary by covering economic indicators and writing blogs.
- Acts as an expert for multiple metropolitan area economies.
- Participates in radio and print media interviews, as necessary, in areas of expertise.
- Write programs for custom analysis, estimate more complex equations for model development with supervision.
- Manage and update forecast model systems.
- Manage updates of proprietary data and economic indicators.
- Conduct economic forecasting and analysis of commercial real estate sectors, and their local economies.
- Participate in contract consulting work, which includes model specification, model estimation, and the writing of interim and draft reports.
- Respond to internal and external client requests and meet with them jointly with senior research staff and/or marketing and sales staff, if necessary, to discuss proposed and current projects.
- May contribute to subscription product editing under supervision, and participate in training of Associate Economists.
- Participate in teleconferences with clients pertaining to areas of expertise. May support senior staff on site at client conferences.
- Present economic outlook to local business groups; gain public speaking experience.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field and three plus years experience -OR- a Bachelor’s degree and five plus years of experience.
- Experience in macroeconomic and microeconomic analysis, technical writing, and economic modeling software, statistical analysis and programming software.
- Strong communication, writing and data visualization skills.
- Training in econometrics and knowledge of commercial real estate economics experience is preferred.
- Must be a motivated, responsible person who can work well with others independently of daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in order to work directly with clients to fulfill scheduled customized products.
Researcher / analyst
7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich St
NY 10007 New York City , United States