Researcher / analyst
JUNIOR ECONOMIST POSITION - EPPA
WHO WE ARE
EPPA is a specialized management consultancy that creates value for its clients by helping them to manage risks and opportunities arising from the ever-changing European political, regulatory and socio-economic landscape. Established in 1987, EPPA is a respected multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural consultancy with a pan-European reach.
Our unique approach focuses on creating a constructive dialogue with policy-makers; a dialogue that is cognizant of Europe’s rich cultural diversity.
We offer a position for a Junior Economist to assist us in the following areas:
- Contribution to developing costs & benefits analysis (CBA) methodologies.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative assessment of policy options of different nature.
- Collecting data from relevant databases (e.g., Eurostat, OECD, FAO).
- Conducting peer reviews of publicly available studies (notably in the areas of environmental and health economics).
- Contributing to the drafting socio-economic analysis (SEA). Monitoring EU policy developments in different areas. Overall support to partners and associates.
- Master’s degree in Economics, with a strong quantitative background;
- Interest in EU decision-making and EU public affairs;
- Ability to think in an abstract way. Strong skills in microeconomics and industrial organization;
- Good understanding of statistics and finance reports;
- Good academic record and proven writing skills;
- Excellent English (written and oral);
- Good research and analytical skills, good organizational and diplomatic skills, good communications skills;
- Team player, self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, attentive listener and networker;
- Used to work in multinational team;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- A competitive remuneration
- An international, intellectually stimulating, working environment.
- The opportunity to develop deep knowledge on how consultancy and EU public affairs work and to develop networks in this field.
CV and cover letter
Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts