Mid-level industry position
What’s in it for you:
IHS Markit's EMEA Calling Team is responsible for covering the buyside firm universe in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You will be joining a team that maintains the industry's most comprehensive and well-respected source of data and intelligence on Capital Markets institutions and professionals. This position will give you first-hand exposure to the global capital markets industry, with a focus on EMEA investors. You will work on the collection of accurate and comprehensive information for our global roster of corporate and capital markets clients. You will develop and maintain relationships with equity and fixed income buyside investors that include hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, etc.
As a Senior Associate on the EMEA Calling Team you will be responsible for working independently and within a team environment to improve productivity, morale and cohesiveness within the team and the overall Research group. You will directly supervise and coach the members of the EMEA Calling Team located in Cape Town, helping to ensure the highest possible levels of data quality, research, timeliness and comprehensiveness. You will be responsible for helping to drive production, developing solutions to team problems and improving process/content workflows across the group. You will review performance and work with upper management and other departments to enhance IHS Markit's products and data collection operations.
What you’ll work on:
- Curate the EMEA data set: maintain, update and enhance buyside firm and contact records in the region.
- Communicate directly with investment professionals to obtain details on their investment process.
- Answer client inquiries regarding changes to IHS Markit's buyside data.
- Oversee the team’s work analyzing regulatory data, industry publications and other sources for information pertaining to asset management firms within EMEA.
- Develop an understanding of the team’s workflow, act as a coach for the team and create processes to improve team efficiency.
- Communicate team processes and -enhancements to upper management.
- Develop standards, benchmarks and specifications for the team’s production.
- Motivate and challenge team members to take ownership of their work and maintain and improve performance and productivity.
- Interview candidates for open positions on the Research team.
- Collaborate and work closely with colleagues across IHS Markit’s global offices.
- Implement Agile philosophies and a Kanban methodology to develop and guide the team.
What we look for:
- 3-4 years managerial experience
- Natural curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to motivate and coach team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively
- Interest in financial research and internet research
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding Agile/Kanban and/or ability and interest in improving process inefficiencies
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility in thought and action
- Assumes accountability for individual projects and team’s overall success
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.