Executive / senior industry position
Share this job
Duration: Various lenghts
The NRC Advantage
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada's largest research organization supporting industrial innovation, the advancement of knowledge and technology development. We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects, and provide advice or funding to over 8000 Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. And now, we want to partner with you. Let your expertise and inspirations make an impact by joining the NRC.
At NRC, we know diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. We are committed to a diverse and representative workforce, an open and inclusive work environment, and contributing to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system.
NRC welcomes all qualified applicants and encourages candidates to self-declare as members of the following designated employment equity groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Please advise of any accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. They are available to all candidates for further assessment. Related information received will be addressed confidentially.
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to work in a fast-paced environment supporting the Vice-President's Office. The Executive Assistant would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for a number of administrative duties within the Vice-President's office including controlling, tracking and expediting the flow of documentation; using sound judgment to determine an appropriate course of action for inquiries; maintaining a good knowledge and understanding of the NRC and the Vice-President's office programs, policies and practices to determine the proper handling of incoming correspondence; and liaising with staff at all levels in the NRC, and other partners on behalf of the VPO to facilitate management office operations.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
- Experience managing and prioritizing all aspects of a senior level office.
- Experience developing and maintaining administrative systems such as files, logs, and databases and ensuring compliance to classification standards (ie. Protected, secret, etc.) for records management purposes.
- Experience drafting and proofreading notes, memos, letters, and written materials.
- Solid experience using MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and planning for hospitality, and processing the related financial transactions ensuring compliance to policy.
Condition of Employment
- Ability to manage multiple shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, tact and sound judgement; especially when reviewing sensitive or confidential information and determining the appropriate course of action.
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 2)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 2)
- Management services - Results orientation (Level 2)
- Management services - Client focus (Level 2)
- In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples. In addition, the candidate is encouraged to describe in detail when, where and how he/she gained the experience.
- Candidates who have Second Language Evaluation (SLE) test results with the Public Service Commission should include these results with their application.
- This position is being advertised internally and externally simultaneously, however first consideration will be given to internal NRC applicants.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
*If you are currently a term or continuingemployee at NRC, please apply through the SuccessFactors Careersmodule from your NRC computer.
Date Modified: 2020-06-26
If you encounter accessibility issues using this site, please call 1-613-993-0762 or email us at NRC-Staffing/CNRC-Dotation@canada.ca for assistance.