Researcher / analyst
Share this Job
Date: Jul 20, 2020
Company: Boston Scientific
A career with Boston Scientific is more than just a job. It’s personal. As a leader in medical science we’re committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. If you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, courage and spirit to make a meaningful difference, there’s no better place to build your career.
Boston Scientific is seeking an energetic, highly motivated Tax Analyst to join our Tax Operations (Accounting) group. The person in this role prepares and reviews tax provision calculations, participates in internal controls processes, and works closely with others across the finance organization. This role reports into the Tax Manager, Tax Operations (Accounting).
The Tax Operations (Accounting) group is responsible for preparing Boston Scientific’s consolidated income tax provision on a quarterly basis for reporting in the Company’s Forms 10-Q and 10-K filed with the SEC. We are a dynamic team focused on continuous process improvement. We work cross-functionally with Accounting, Finance, and Legal teams, as well as with team members throughout the Corporate Tax department. The Tax Operations (Accounting) group also handles the tax-related purchase price accounting for transactions, manages the Company’s audit of the tax provision, and researches tax technical issues.
- Utilize tax provision software to prepare the Company’s quarterly and annual worldwide tax provision in accordance with ASC 740.
- Prepare, test, and document our internal controls in accordance with SOX Section 404.
- Coordinate deliverables from various groups throughout the global finance organization.
- Prepare worldwide monthly tax account reconciliations and propose journal entries.
- Work closely with the Senior Tax Analyst to maintain our tax provision software, including training others on the software and monthly reporting processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships as you work with members of the Tax Forecasting & Analysis, Tax Compliance, Global Structuring, Corporate Accounting, and SEC Reporting teams, as well as with financial controllers working globally.
- Monitor tax legislation for changes in tax rates and rules that may be applicable to the Company.
- Liaise with our external auditors and other external tax service providers.
- Assist on special projects as needed, including acquisition analysis and integration activities.
- 1-3 years of related work experience in public accounting or a large corporate tax environment;
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team, build relationships cross-functionally, and exhibit empathy in a professional environment;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adhere to tight deadlines, exhibit strong attention to detail, and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong analytical, technical, and written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent technology skills including working with various online research tools and MS Office applications;
- Experience with tax software applications including CSC Corptax or Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE Tax Provision;
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion and SmartView preferred, but not required.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Researcher / analyst