Institute for Environmental Protection - National Research Institute
will hire an expert in economic modelling
in the Strategy, Analysis and Auction Unit
National Centre for Emissions Management
The National Centre for Emissions Management (KOBiZE)
Chmielna 132/134, 00-805, Warsaw, Poland
Main duties and responsibilities:
Participation in the project: " System of providing and disseminating information in order to support the strategic implementation of climate and energy policy "(LIFE Climate CAKE PL - Analytical Centre for Climate-Energy) financed from LIFE, NFOŚiGW and IOŚ-PIB funds. Project consist of construction of the CGE model and sectoral models (energy, transport and agriculture) for analyses related to Poland's energy and climate policy in the context of EU policy. As part of the project, tasks of the successful candidate will cover:
- contribution to the creation, development and maintenance of the general equilibrium model (CGE) and associated analytical tools,
- preparation of reports and analyses of the impact climate policy on sectors of the economy,
- preparation of studies for the needs of analysis of draft EU laws, the conclusion of international agreements, conventions and public statistics,
- ongoing cooperation with the government administration dealing with energy and climate policy issues , in particular the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and transformation of the Polish economy towards a low carbon.
Skills and experience:
- higher education,
- experience in the construction, operation and use of general equilibrium models (static or dynamic),
- knowledge of GAMS / MPSGE modelling platform,
- analytical skills in conducting a comprehensive economic analysis related to environmental aspects,
- good command of English,
- reliability and high attention to quality and timely performance of tasks,
- creativity, self-reliance, good organisation of work,
- ability to work in a team, ability to learn quickly,
- proficiency in computer use in Windows environment, good knowledge of the Excel programme.
- general knowledge of key air protection regulations, in particular in climate protection.
- attractive salary,
- flexible work and employment,
- ability to work on a research post,
- employment conditions based on your knowledge and experience,
- ability to work with national and international experts,
- opportunity for professional development and upgrading,
- pleasant working environment and atmosphere in the team.
Please send us your CV by the deadline of 22`nd September 2017:
- by e-mail to: email@example.com with the note in the subject: "Work in the Strategy, Analysis and Auction Unit",
- or at the address of the The National Centre for Emissions Management, Chmielna 132/134, 00-805 Warsaw with a note on a sealed envelope "Work in the Strategy, Analysis and Auction Unit".
Please include in the CV the following clause: I agree to the processing of my personal data for the needs necessary to complete the recruitment process (according to the Act of 29.08.1997 on the protection of personal data; Dz. U. 2016 pos. 922). Applications that do not include the above clause will not be considered in the recruitment process.
We do not return received documents. We guarantee confidentiality.
We would like to inform you that we will only invite selected candidates for the interview.
Faculty / researcher
Chmielna 132/134, 00-805
Warsaw , Poland