Executive / senior industry position
The School of Business and Economics at Concordia University Irvine, seeks applicants for a full-time (12 month) faculty position starting August 1, 2020. The School strives to develop wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens by preparing graduates to become lifelong learners and contributors to society.
Successful candidates must:
- to higher education.
- Be willing to invest themselves in the lives of students.
- Teach in more than one area of business specialization in a variety of modalities (classroom, online, and hybrid).
Ideal candidates must be academically and professionally qualified including a terminal degree through recent and relevant experience in the business world. This position requires academic and professional experience in the area of management and leadership in entrepreneurial, partnerships, corporate, and international business. In addition to some classroom instruction in this position:
- Is responsible for all aspects of the graduate business programs and ensures the programs meet high academic standards.
- Ensures the faculty provides an excellent academic experience and students are provided with an excellent academic program.
- Oversees the development and delivery of strategy for the programs and all operationalaspects of program management.
- Works closely with the Dean and Administrative Dean of the School of Business as well as many others across the university.
- Must be both forward-looking, seeking to introduce new programs and continuously improve existing programs to meet the business needs of the community and aspirations of students.
- Must perform curriculum development and assessment, research, service to the department anduniversity, civic engagement and other academic or administrative responsibilities asassigned.
Concordia University Irvine, California, is a Lutheran, co-ed, residential liberal arts university offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Concordia University Irvine does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. However, it is a Christian educational institution operated by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) and, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employs only those individuals who meet the religious membership requirementsestablished by the University.
The School of Business and Economics is home to the largest undergraduate program at Concordia University Irvine. Accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), the School offers programs leading to undergraduate degrees in economics or business administration (with emphases in accounting, business data analytics, business economics, finance, healthcare management, international business, management, marketing, and sport management). The MBA program focuses on business practice with flexibility for working professionals with a broad range of entrepreneurs and executives serving as faculty. Additionally, the School of Business is home to the Concordia Business Plan, the Business Insight Series, the Teen Entrepreneurship Academy, and the Institute for Strategic Marketing.
If interested, please apply online and submit the following documents: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of philosophy of teaching, contact information from three professional references, a copy of the transcript showing your highest degree earned.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or until a satisfactory pool of applicants is available.
Concordia University - Irvine Cahttps://cui.applicantpro.com
- Share This Page