Mid-level industry position
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for a Finance Analyst to join the team.
As a Finance Analyst you will be responsible for providing support to the Operations and Product Development finance teams; helping to understand and improve profitability and cash flows for vehicle programmes either currently in production (Operations) or under development (Product Development). You will act as a business partner to cross-functional teams including colleagues from Engineering, Operations, Purchasing and Programme Management.
- Requisition approval – review against budget, ensure financial data is correct, complete purchase requisition tracker and present high value items for director sign off.
- Risk and opportunity analysis – capture new risks and opportunities, maintain and keep the risks and opportunities register up to date, challenge stakeholders to ensure full disclosure and accountability for reducing risks and maximising opportunities.
- Control of operations spend, vehicle programmes spend and material cost – maintain programme spend tracker, capturing approved items and forecast updates, update for month end actuals and investigate recovery actions.
- Month end – assist with journal preparation and posting for prepayments, accruals, headcount and cost transfers.
- Budgeting and forecasting – provide inputs to budgets and forecast updates for operations spending, programme spending and bill of materials.
- Reporting – update and distribute weekly finance KPIs and status reports.
- Business partnering – primary point of contact for Engineering, Purchasing and Cost Estimating within a specific programme or functional area. Ability to communicate financial information to non-finance colleagues.
- Ad Hoc – data analysis, reviewing large sets of financial data and presenting in a clear format for business partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong academic background – relevant degree with a minimum 2.1 classification or AAT qualified or 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Experience of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Advanced Excel skills – (pivot tables, vlookups, formulae, graphs and ability to present data clearly).
- Comfortable with large volumes of data.
- Able to communicate key points to business partners up to director level.
- Manufacturing or automotive experience desirable.
- Experience of SAP or equivalent ERP system desirable.
All training for this role will be provided, this will include study support towards a professional qualification in accounting as desired. A Finance mentor will be provided to help guide you through your early career and your professional qualifications.
- Able to pick up new ideas, concepts and processes quickly.
- Asks relevant questions and comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Professional, proactive and highly motivated.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative and flexible, with ability to understand business constraints and requirements.
- Team player.
- Ability to work alongside, influence & manage relationships with colleagues at various levels in the organisation.
- Persistence and drive to get the job done.
- Desire to qualify with a professional accounting body and pursue a career in Automotive Finance.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Mid-level industry position
Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK
Woking , United Kingdom