- Prepare and process cheque requisitions;
- Calculate, code and process vouchers and journal entries;
- Enter data and proofread general ledger batches;
- Review, summarize and reconcile receipts and expense claims;
- Reconcile all documentation related to the claims to ensure accuracy;
- Assist with the maintenance of general ledger accounts and financial statements;
- Review and monitor contracts/agreements, identifying contract value, duration and eligible costs;
- Prepare statistical, financial and account reports;
- Set up and maintain related contract files, both hard copy and electronic;
- Perform general clerical duties
- Accounting related certificate or diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of two years finance experience including but not limited to accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Experience working with ACCPAC for Windows and Microsoft Office is considered an asset;
- Experience preparing correspondence, including reports and letters;
- Experience maintaining and updating files;
- Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with Not-For-Profit Organizations, Boards & Committees is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset;
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.