Executive / senior industry position, mid-level industry position
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This Senior Finance Manager role is a high-visibility position within AMD's Finance organization located in Austin, TX. This role is critical to the success of the business and reports directly to the Director, Server BU Finance. Key responsibilities include partnering with the business to ensure performance obligations and capital strategies are operationally supported and strategically focused to secure the greatest return on investment. This role reviews financial data and performs strategic analyses and reporting (e.g., profit & loss, balance sheet, cash flow, pricing, etc.) to influence decisions within the business and to drive cross-business initiatives. Additionally, this position plays a critical role in the development and review process of contracts and requires prior experience evaluating financial and accounting-related aspects of customer contracts.
We’re looking for a teammate to provide finance leadership in support of customer contracts, including the assessment of financial and accounting-related considerations. The ideal candidate should have a bias for action, high sense of teamwork, and ability to speak up and make recommendations in a fast-moving environment. The role requires someone with capability to continually expand their scope and influence and in time, assume broader finance responsibilities across the Company.
- Lead finance role in evaluating customer contracts and supporting decision analysis with both finance and accounting perspective
- Coordinate with and provide operational finance guidance to various organizations and individuals across operational teams such as Corporate Financial Planning, Corporate Accounting, Sales & Regional Finance, Business Unit Operations, etc.
- Support the implementation, integration and enhancement of financial systems and processes
- Drive alignment with Corporate Accounting, Sales Finance, and Operations on revenue processes and reporting
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support as well and engage in ad hoc analysis, reporting, and projects on requests
- Demonstrated ability to assess contracts and influence recommended changes as required
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions and other application skills
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in a global fast-paced competitive multi-site high-tech environmen